H4H shoot 2019

paul o'

I GOT 3rd ???? o_O fecking hell ! and I shot like a one legged man in an arse kicking show :rofl::tiphat: but then its not about the winning been there have we not Mike lol
At the morning briefing I did ask all shooters to return their score cards to Beth especially the yellow ones, which were to be given preference by the moving target operators, and are the ones used for awarding the SD trophy. I have just gone through all the yellow tickets that were returned and the re-entry cards that we still had in the box and I couldn't find any of yours Chasey. So unfortunately it looks like you may have dipped out this time as it sounds like you had some fairly decent scores but misunderstood the need to return your score cards.

I've also just checked the yellow score cards as when I mentioned the winning score last night we were relying solely on memory. 1894 who took the trophy actually scored 179 points and I scored 177 third was Paul'O who scored 175.
I could submit a list of all yellow cards that were returned that would show the range (highest score 179, lowest 127) but some shooters might feel embarrassed and wouldn't like that. However it must be remembered that some of the shooters are relatively new to the sport and the various series shot are unfamiliar to many others especially the two moving target events.

8x57

Distinguished Member
From the very start of the day most of us felt that we shot like that Paul, and then we got worse. :(

Chasey

I think what realy happened was that chap started letting off the 9.3 X 62 unmoderated rifel and we all got concussion from the shock waves

8x57

Distinguished Member
Fec off I am almost as old as you and therefore entitled to make mistakes :D
Don't let him wind you up Mark. I'm not saying anything about senior moments after the day I had yesterday but there again my wife keeps reminding me that I now qualify for winter fuel allowance and a bus pass.
A real shame that you didn't submit your score sheet as you would have taken the trophy home.

pob

Thanks to Mike and Beth for the photos and write up. Hopefully more will be tempted to join us next year. It is terrific fun and raises a good few quid.

What were the results of the running boar please Mike? I posted an OK score and I read somewhere that I might have won some crack? Personally I find it a bit moreish, but it would be nice to be near the prizes.

Andrew

Jagare

I've just arrived home to the far flung frozen north. Well its 30c today. Thanks to Mike and his wife for another great day and the folk from the BSRC. I did OK on the statics but was complete rubbish on the boar and very poor on the running deer. All the practice I've done on the boar and i shot like a blind man. I had to beat myself around the head and shoulders when i got home and lay down in a darkened room.

243varmint

I've just arrived home to the far flung frozen north. Well its 30c today. Thanks to Mike and his wife for another great day and the folk from the BSRC. I did OK on the statics but was complete rubbish on the boar and very poor on the running deer. All the practice I've done on the boar and i shot like a blind man. I had to beat myself around the head and shoulders when i got home and lay down in a darkened room.
Nice to meet you and have a good chat.
Especially about where you live and a certain motorcyclist going past your house.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Thanks to Mike and Beth for the photos and write up. Hopefully more will be tempted to join us next year. It is terrific fun and raises a good few quid.

What were the results of the running boar please Mike? I posted an OK score and I read somewhere that I might have won some crack? Personally I find it a bit moreish, but it would be nice to be near the prizes.

Andrew
Sorry Pob but I've only got the yellow cards for the initial round and you scored 66 on that round putting you second on the boar following Paul O's 75. I don't have most of the tickets from the re-entries to go through. My wife informs me that final positions on a couple of the series changed right towards the end of the day and remembers in particular the placings of Daddyo and stratts swapping literally on the last shots of the day. I know that I was satisfied with my last re-entry on the boar which was submitted close to pulled stumps. It was my best result on boar of the day, a real pity though that I hadn't shot this at the start of the day or I would have romped home. :(

daddyo

I only did one re-entry and that was on the running deer, glad I did as I knocked Stratts off the top position :lol:
Gave him my prize though as we still had a day left at bisley and I didn’t want to spend that listening to his crying.;)

paul o'

:mad:And thats why I would never be a member of the NRA in the UK there Cu*Ts always have been always will be ! they are so far up there own arse they can't understand its the common shooters that keep the doors open F****** Wan*ers .

ndt man

:rofl:
:mad:And thats why I would never be a member of the NRA in the UK there Cu*Ts always have been always will be ! they are so far up there own arse they can't understand its the common shooters that keep the doors open F****** Wan*ers .
That's probably the the nicest thing anybody has ever said about them:rofl: