Hamilton v Verstappen

kripton

For those that watched the British Grand Prix last weekend (I know I am late with this) has anyone commented on the positions of the two cars on the corner before tha crash? It seemed to me that as Hamilton was ahead at that point he would have been perfectly entitled (judging by the penalty decision he received for the crash) to have cut into the apex of that corner in exactly the same was that Verstappen did when they crashed. I thought that Hamilton gave Verstappen room at that previous corner and this enabled Verstappen to overtake on the inside of the corner.
I know someone said that Hamilton's car was not aimed at the apex of the corner on which they crashed (thus presumably implying that he was trying to force Verstappen wide or off track) but conversely I understood the guidance was the if a car was inside on a corner with its front wheel half way alongside then that inside car had priority.
I admire Hamilton's brilliant driving but wish he would stick to that rather than airing his political views

Andyquadra

For those that watched the British Grand Prix last weekend (I know I am late with this) has anyone commented on the positions of the two cars on the corner before tha crash? It seemed to me that as Hamilton was ahead at that point he would have been perfectly entitled (judging by the penalty decision he received for the crash) to have cut into the apex of that corner in exactly the same was that Verstappen did when they crashed. I thought that Hamilton gave Verstappen room at that previous corner and this enabled Verstappen to overtake on the inside of the corner.
I know someone said that Hamilton's car was not aimed at the apex of the corner on which they crashed (thus presumably implying that he was trying to force Verstappen wide or off track) but conversely I understood the guidance was the if a car was inside on a corner with its front wheel half way alongside then that inside car had priority.
I admire Hamilton's brilliant driving but wish he would stick to that rather than airing his political views
Yes, another thread already open

bluesako

i dont have sky so i cant watch it like all the other sports sky has pilfered F1 now is sh8ite bs

mealiejimmy

The coverage of F1 on Sky is excellent, far more in depth and detailed than BBC or ITV ever did - you just don't like the fact that you have to pay to watch it.
As Caberslash says, there are ways to get around that - just don't get caught :D

Cheers

Bruce

sako751sg

The coverage of F1 on Sky is excellent, far more in depth and detailed than BBC or ITV ever did - you just don't like the fact that you have to pay to watch it.
As Caberslash says, there are ways to get around that - just don't get caught :D

Cheers

Bruce
Absolutely.

The analysis is excellent now and the pundits give great insight to stuff we have no idea about.F1 itself imo did get stale with a one man domination but this year has certainly been exciting and hopefully with the changes for next year it's more of the same.

Capping the spending should certainly see that things are a bit more equal although some manufacturers always seem to be at the forefront.

Great to see McLaren and Lando being in the mix too.

bluesako

Cheers

Bruce
would i do a thing like that?:rofl: