Hampshire Credit where due

Sako3006

I could not believe this, but it is true, last week, If I recall correctly, I sent a variation to Hampshire Constabulary on 26th April. On the 27th I received an e-mail,they said I needed to pay for the variation as I was doing more than a one for one. I questioned this via e-mail during that evening, as I was reducing my requirements. On the morning of 28th I had another e-mail from the Hampshire firearms department, apologising, telling me I was correct and nothing to pay, happy days. On Tuesday 2nd May, I received a phone call, just confirming I had sold/disposed of my old rifle etc, which I confirmed. Today I received my new certificate, all correct, with permission to acquire my new .308 rifle, sound moderator and ammunition etc. So that process took one week, including a bank holiday. WELL DONE Hampshire Firearms Licencing Department. First Class service, my grateful thanks.

JohnT

Is it just me or did anyone else detect a quantum shift in attitude when contacting them by telephone?
I have always had polite responses from them in the past, but recently I am sure I detect a happier atmosphere in the office when calling, more of a chat than a conversation.
If so, I am pleased (for them as well as ourselves). Long may it continue.

FGYT

supposed to have switched over to a more computer bases system
Friend was told he was one of the last being pushed thro in the old way last month

?????

cervus

They have done it again!One for One on Section 1 shotgun in on last Tuesday ..back to me today...Well Done!