Hampshire Deer Stalkers

JohnT

I have recieved an E-mail promoting the above event in Otterbourne Village Hall on Sunday 21st.
A brief rummage around the internerd suggests a connection with Jelen Deer Services.
Anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts?
(BTW, it's free entry:))

stubear

Apparently they are usually quite well attended and good fun, plus its nice to meet up face to face!

I was planning to go but am otherwise engaged that day. Maybe next year!

Cris

Yup seen it. Think it ran last year But didn't go. Was contemplating a look as it's just down the road and know Mike from Jelen. Not sure exactly what is to see except meeting people and seeing new shiny kit for sale.
Anyone been before that can say?

Ferryman

I was planning to go but will only have been out of hospital 24 hours from having hip replacement :(

Uncle f

Yes spoke to mike this morning event is to include exhibits from blaser, Minox, and a good friend with a taxidermy exhibit. Small gig but free to go and park so really nothing not to like
who know might be some bargains to be had. Spoke to rob at monarch yesterday and he is considering attending

regards steve

EMcC

I have been to one of these 'Shows' and it was great. It was only in a village hall but the range of kit was very good and the guys exhibiting it knew their onions, so a feel and an explanation was very good indeed. Except for me of course, it was at this show that I felt and fell in love with the first thumbhole Blaser that I had ever seen and naturally I wanted one.
There was thermal and night vision kit on display, binoculars, bipods, I can't remember it all but the hall had something or other all the way round the walls. There was also a young girl boosting her pocket money selling cakes and tea, very nice that was too.
There was one big problem and that was parking as it was only a small village and the types of vehicles that rocked up were all pretty chunkey !
I cannot remember the name of the village he used last time so it may be different, perhaps one of the organisers from Jelen can clarify.

Hants

I have been to one of these 'Shows' and it was great. It was only in a village hall but the range of kit was very good and the guys exhibiting it knew their onions, so a feel and an explanation was very good indeed. Except for me of course, it was at this show that I felt and fell in love with the first thumbhole Blaser that I had ever seen and naturally I wanted one.
There was thermal and night vision kit on display, binoculars, bipods, I can't remember it all but the hall had something or other all the way round the walls. There was also a young girl boosting her pocket money selling cakes and tea, very nice that was too.
There was one big problem and that was parking as it was only a small village and the types of vehicles that rocked up were all pretty chunkey !
I cannot remember the name of the village he used last time so it may be different, perhaps one of the organisers from Jelen can clarify.

Pretty sure it was Longstock village hall, near Stockbridge, last time.

JohnT

Thank you for your replies. Looks as if it will be a worthwhile outing. (may even get the drag rope out and give Ferryman a bit of help:lol: