Hancock Resignation

Any SD members or family's not had or offered the Jab with the vaccine roll out?

Very grateful for both of mine with only a 2hr headache with the first one.

Tim.243
Offered but not had, and I won't be, for now at least. That's a conversation for another place though as it generally gets pretty heated. A lot of people struggle to keep it clean and civil when they feel strongly about something...

Here’s an idea any member of the political parties that want to represent the UK in government do so on the minimum wage see how many want the job then.
The same amount would want the job but none of them could afford to do it. Not a very sensible suggestion I'm afraid? Not many main bread winners could afford to work for minimum wage regardless of how desirable the job is!

There just all the same. Of whichever colour they claim to represent. ALL of them have there snouts in the trough and there grubby hands in the till. Quite literally in this case.
Lost all faith in them all

The same amount would want the job but none of them could afford to do it. Not a very sensible suggestion I'm afraid? Not many main bread winners could afford to work for minimum wage regardless of how desirable the job is!
I agree. However some are forced too

I agree. In a just world, he'd have been hounded out of office to public disgrace. I have no polite words to adequately express my contempt for him, and that reeking cesspit of corruption we call our government.

Never have we needed a modern-day Guy Fawkes more
Think you need to change the word government for parliament unfortunately

I agree. However some are forced too
Not many highly educated ones who are in the position to be MPs are forced to though! They're able to get high end jobs in top companies based on their qualifications and knowledge. You don't go to university to earn minimum wage that's for sure.

Last edited:
If I may.

Just curious about why, and what would change you view (if indeed it were changed)?
I'm in the same camp. For many reasons, but none of which I would use to club someone over the head for not agreeing with me. Having said that, I was truly taken aback by the alacrity with which people seemed to embrace the vaccine as a panacea without question. This article is worth reading . . .

Here’s an idea any member of the political parties that want to represent the UK in government do so on the minimum wage see how many want the job then.
One guy, the now "where is he now" Dave Nellist MP did just that. Claiming in pay the then "average national wage of a skilled worker" as this was before the days of minimum wage. So about 40% according to some of what an MP then was salaried. But truth is there's never enough swill in the trough once swine get used to sticking their snouts in it.

Last edited:
Not many highly educated ones who are in the position to be MPs are forced to though! They're able to get high end jobs in top companies based on their qualifications and knowledge. You don't go to university to earn minimum wage that's for sure.
There are a large number with University degrees serving burgers and chips I believe.
However its true to say that you see very little people in central government who are not from Oxford or Cambridge. What a pity they do not teach basic morals in these places. Integrity, honesty seem to be missing in the curriculum at University. Values one expects in high office, but today's politicians are just after their own agenda, fat pension, making the most of their position in every way and generally taking the p..s out of all of us. In my opinion.

He has the gall to say in his resignation letter to Boris " We owe it to people who have sacrificed so much in this pandemic to be honest when we have let them down as I have done by breaching the guidance".
Obviously totally unaware of the question that begs: "Why then were you not honest before the photo was published?" All that has changed is that he has been found out; the truth is out there, but not because he told it!

There are a large number with University degrees serving burgers and chips I believe.
However its true to say that you see very little people in central government who are not from Oxford or Cambridge. What a pity they do not teach basic morals in these places. Integrity, honesty seem to be missing in the curriculum at University. Values one expects in high office, but today's politicians are just after their own agenda, fat pension, making the most of their position in every way and generally taking the p..s out of all of us. In my opinion.
Malcolm I would expect those values in all people and jobs not just high office ones. I do agree though they are all just feathering there own nests at all times

Interesting times ahead me thinks!
Mr Jarvid left his previous role because he wouldn’t cow tow to BoJo’s demands to install his flunkies and dish out jobs to his puppets, so the question is, who will be calling the shots this time ?

He has the gall to say in his resignation letter to Boris " We owe it to people who have sacrificed so much in this pandemic to be honest when we have let them down as I have done by breaching the guidance".
Obviously totally unaware of the question that begs: "Why then were you not honest before the photo was published?" All that has changed is that he has been found out; the truth is out there, but not because he told it!
I would have slightly more time for him had he resigned as soon as the story broke rather than sending out an “Apology” and informing us he intended to stay in role. In a bygone age politicians were expected to resign on matters of principle, those days are now long gone!!

Correct Uncle f. I expect it in all that I meet. However these values at times are sadly lacking in many folk these days. The shooting world is a very small one, most people know each other or have heard of people. I find that as I have got older I become less tolerant of those that lie, cheat and bull sh.t. At my age I have heard most of it and it does not impress me one little bit.
Politicians are to me are in most cases liars, and back stabbers, who are paid to do a public service, and yet seem to think that they are above the general public. Whether they have degrees flowing out of their back sides makes no difference to me at all. Be it from Oxford, Cambridge or any other university.

Just be honest and stand up and be a decent human being.

Back