Harkila Boots true to size ?

Hales Smut

Is Harkila true to size? How is the width ? I never ordered boots over the internet, but might give it a try now. I need UK size 11 ( Euro 46) , but no half sizes from 46 up.

countrryboy

I found them tight at the instep.
Not wot u want to hear. But I also found them to be rubbish, Have had 3 pairs all slightly different syles and all usless. Will never have an other pair, at moment have to wear sealskin socks and yeti gaiters in a vain attampt to keep feet dry while i try to geet some wear out of them

Hereford

I'm a UK10 and my Harkila's are a UK10, so for me they are bang on - I'd say I have wider feet than normal? and they are a good fit with decent hiking socks. There's enough movement on the attached tongue to give good width adjustment

deerstalker.308

Personally opinion, but I wouldn't buy any boots from them again.... Trousers fine, jackets, fleeces all good, but their boots were nothing but hassle. They were howevere the most comfortable boots fresh out of the box ive ever worn, but they let water in like a sieve within a year (even being goretex).

edit, country boy beat me to it, seems I'm not alone!

Gazza

Save your money and buy Meindl. I cannot fault harkila pro hunter jacket and trousers but like Deerstalker.308 I would never buy harkila boots again. As somebody once told me. Harkila make boots, jackets, trousers, gloves, hats, shirts, belts etc etc. Meindl make one thing - Boots

stevekale

I have the Pro Hunter GTX10 Kevlar and love them - I have a wider than average foot. So comfortable. Call Ardmoor which is where I purchased from. They said no problems for return if I needed to change the size.

Last edited:

tjm160

I have the Harkila Big Game GTX 8" in size 11 and love them. They are the most comfortable outdoor boots I've ever owned and I've had no trouble with leakage or the like. Like any outdoor shoe, they do just need periodically cleaning and treating properly, how frequently, entirely depending on use. In size, I vary between 10.5 and 11 depending on manufacture and found the Harkila just a tad on the large size, but not excessively so. I've just ordered a pair of Forester wellies in an 11 and will see how those come up size wise. Uttings also presently have an additional 10% off footwear spend over £150.

paul o'

got the [h=1]Harkila Forester 17 Inch Zip 5mm H-Vent Wellingtons[/h]happy so far i do like the inner soles that can come out for summer use size 45 10's i ordered 11's but came up very big so sent them back got the 45's by return from uttings had very good service

got the Harkila Forester 17 Inch Zip 5mm H-Vent Wellingtons

happy so far i do like the inner soles that can come out for summer use size 45 10's i ordered 11's but came up very big so sent them back got the 45's by return from uttings had very good service
I have these as well - very happy with them so far.

RHE

Hello.
I have a pair of the Pro hunters 12". Only 2 months in, but still hugely comfortable. I have found in the past that their footwear is a fraction on the small size, so although I'm a UK size 11 wide, these boots are UK 12. With good pair of thick warm socks, they fit well.
Hope they last!
atb.

Boots are comfy I had to change the insoles as they were really uncomfortable.
within a year they leak real bad I have to wear sealskin socks,Harkila don't want to know so I'm stuck with them.
NO WAY would I buy Harkila product again.
Steve.

Hales Smut

Meindl make one thing - Boots
Thanks for the answers.

You have a strong point there, I agree on that. On the other hand, I don't know if Harkila make boots themselves. Probably they have them made elsewhere. You can't do everything yourself and do it good. I always thought there boots where made by Chiruca, as they are about the only two companies ( making hunting/shooting boots) using the BOA system. ( which I don't like)
I strongly hesitate between the Mountain trek 8" boot and the Meindl Dovre Pro ( low model ). The 10" Pro Hunter by Harkila is my third choice. I just want a comfortable, supple, waterproof boot.

Last edited:

deerstalker.308

Thanks for the answers.

You have a strong point there, I agree on that. On the other hand, I don't know if Harkila make boots themselves. Probably they have them made elsewhere. You can't do everything yourself and do it good. I always thought there boots where made by Chiruca, as they are about the only two companies ( making hunting/shooting boots) using the BOA system. ( which I don't like)
I strongly hesitate between the Mountain trek 8" boot and the Meindl Dovre Pro ( low model ). The 10" Pro Hunter by Harkila is my third choice. I just want a comfortable, supple, waterproof boot'.
Dont buy Harkila then......

Rugged & Tough

As a retailer of Harkila boots and a wearer, I would recommend that you go up a size if you have wide feet. The reason being is that the fit is pretty spot on and if you wear a thicker sock, then you must have spread room after a day on your feet.
In the store, we recommend about 5mm gap between your toes and the end of the boot.
Remember, buying online, you have buyer protection, so you can always return them it they are not 100% right. Try them on when they arrive and try them on again late afternoon, evening and compare the fit. Your feet do spread during the day, so expect the boot to be a tigher fit in the evening, but still have a small amount of movement from your toes to the end.

Reference comment about quality: Harkila make boots for the activity you are doing. For example: Big Game is a performance boot and designed for high octane hunting, where lightness and suppleness is needed. Pro Hunter are endurance boots, designed for long hunts and shoots. Buy the wrong boot for your need and you will be dissapointed! Big Game is not designed for endurance hunting and will not perform as Pro Hunter will. Using a car analogy, when buying top of the range gear, you need to get the right car for the task, not buying a mini to go off-roading etc. Yes it has 4 wheels, but it is not designed for off-roading.

It is our job as retailers to ensure you get the right boot. In our store, it is critical we do our job right, so no-one ever gets the mini, when they need a truck!

Hope this is useful
Andrew
Rugged & Tough
Carhartt, Blaklader, Harkila, Seeland, Workwear & Country Store

Last edited:

derek treherne

I have a pair of pro hunters uk 11 thay are comfortable warm and dry i cleam them wax them every time i use them they are 4 years old and still going strong. i also have a pair of meindls also a good boot.

rick6point5

2nd pair of Pro hunters, 1st pair got nicked after 14 months but had been great so bought again, just over 2 years in and no trouble at all as i look after and maintain them as required.

tjm160

My Forester 5mm Zip wellies arrived today and were given a brief 1-mile test run around the estate. In short, the fit is perfect and they are extremely comfortable. The only small thing that took me a little by surprise is that they are quite heavy. However, that simply encourages a slow steady walk, which is no bad thing out in the field.

Thanks very much for that interesting and helpful overview Andrew (Rugged & Tough) :tiphat: Makes sense and I wasn't aware of the different intended purposes of e.g. "Big Game" vs. "Pro Hunter". No wonder my "Big Game" are so light and comfortable :lol: Just clearly best not to plan to use them 'on the hill'.