Harkila or Harleaka

activeviii

Went out this morning for a poke around, knocked a nice little buck over so was happy, thats 2 in 3 days, the estate is happy but when i went to change my boots i found this.

Im not happy., bought them last year, wore then a few times in the winter, always washes and dried after. today i walked 200 yards to the buck, delt with it and then walked 200 yards back to the motor pushing the wheel barrow with buck.

For the money i thought they would be the mutts but now im thinking their nutts.

down side is i bought a second pair at the same time as they where cheaper.

007.jpg

it looks like my week for braking things.

All the best

​Phil.

paul o'

gave mine away a few years ago leaked like a sieve go meindl keep warm and dry :thumb: or dry your boots out a soak them in nikwax or this ​ Woly Hymalaya Wax Spray Dubbin Waterproof Spray for Boots, Camping, Hiking works for me .ebay

gixer1

I've had a pair of le chamuea muflons for a few years now and can't fault them, watertight and warm, I think they were around £230...

deerstalker.308

Had the same issue, under warranty but had hell and alls job getting anything sorted through the Scottish company that I bought them through, rubbish boots, get some meindl's and forget harkila, utter crap.

timbrayford

Went out this morning for a poke around, knocked a nice little buck over so was happy, thats 2 in 3 days, the estate is happy but when i went to change my boots i found this.

Im not happy., bought them last year, wore then a few times in the winter, always washes and dried after. today i walked 200 yards to the buck, delt with it and then walked 200 yards back to the motor pushing the wheel barrow with buck.

For the money i thought they would be the mutts but now im thinking their nutts.

View attachment 33129

All the best

​Phil.
How disappointing for a premium priced product, I hope that Harkila value their reputation enough to send you some F.O.C. replacements asap.
atb Tim

goathunter1

Interesting, as some of our stalking ground is very flat and just a swamp. Never had wet feet in the Harkila, unless I've gone over the top of them which I seem to do regularly! Why should this be? Are they all made in the same place or are they contracted out to different makers?

mo

Not the first time I have seen harkila products fail. A friend had a new harkila roe sack and stitching cacame apart after 2/3 outings. Luckily he eventually had a full refund. Mendil all the way. 3rd season now and mine haven't had any problems. I don't particularly look after them either, just put some wax on every 2/3 months.

mcroy

I had a pair of harkila prohunter trousers which, after 3months, the stitching around one of the pockets came undone... I contacted the UK distributor and after sending them the trousers they replaced them with a brand new pair. It did take approx. 3 - 4 weeks though... Disappointing for a premium product with a premium pricetag!!! Good luck with boots, hopefully you'll get some replacements...

Milligan

View attachment 33129

All the best

​Phil.
What are you washing and treating them with?

TOMMY270

Hi Tim,

They look like the Big Game boots, i had the same problem with the right boot incidentl. I bought them from a show, didnt have the receipt, i spoke to a nice lady at Harkila, explained that i have had this problem , sent the boots back with a covering letter, 2 days later she rang me to say they have looked at the boots, very sorry this has happened, they did not have that version available anymore, so upgraded me at no extra cost, received the new boots next day. so far still have dry warm feet!!!.....

arthursc

What are you washing and treating them with?

I really don't think he is.

I have Harkila boots for the last 7 years. I wear them nearly every day from forestry, stalking walking on Dartmoor and they have never let me down....because I treat them with the correct treatment, and let them air dry naturally.

Either the chap has a faulty pair and it's taken him a year to realise that or they haven't been treated with any product for a year and as much as he will no doubt splutter and complain, they would not leak like that if they have been treated.

As for harkila and their "no questions asked" warranty. it's second to none. And if he purchased them through Scott Country the same would also apply.

Colin.

deerstalker.308

As for harkila and their "no questions asked" warranty. it's second to none. And if he purchased them through Scott Country the same would also apply.

Colin.[/QUOTE]
Afraid I couldn't disagree more with this statement, I had this problem with a different model of boot which were under warranty, it took weeks and weeks of chasing to get anywhere with either company as the model in question was no longer available and they wouldn't replace with a like for like as the ones I had were bought in a sale.

I wouldn't personally do business with either firm again, although in the end I did finally get a refund for them, the amount of hassle and unhelpful attitudes was just ridiculous.

derek treherne

I have apair prohunter boots for 3 years i clean them let them dry not on a radeator treat them no problem if you dont treat them you will get wet feet

arthursc

Colin.
Afraid I couldn't disagree more with this statement, I had this problem with a different model of boot which were under warranty, it took weeks and weeks of chasing to get anywhere with either company as the model in question was no longer available and they wouldn't replace with a like for like as the ones I had were bought in a sale.

I wouldn't personally do business with either firm again, although in the end I did finally get a refund for them, the amount of hassle and unhelpful attitudes was just ridiculous.

Well I am very surprised by this as I wouldn't buy my kit from anyone else. Never had a problem and others whom I know can say the same.

I don't know the circumstances, situation of your issue and responses, but I cannot fault either of them, hence my recommendation. And as per my original post, ALL walking boots and clothing manufactured for weather proofing needs to be treated.

Colin.

Last edited:

Acm

I really don't think he is.

I have Harkila boots for the last 7 years. I wear them nearly every day from forestry, stalking walking on Dartmoor and they have never let me down....because I treat them with the correct treatment, and let them air dry naturally.

Either the chap has a faulty pair and it's taken him a year to realise that or they haven't been treated with any product for a year and as much as he will no doubt splutter and complain, they would not leak like that if they have been treated.

Colin.

Worn the same pair of boots near daily for seven years and they haven't let you down yet ? You can't walk very far then ! I've yet to have a pair of boots of any make last me more than 18 months !

Ive heard a lot of bad things about harkila and also le chameu leather boots .

At at the risk of sounding like a broken record , buy british , buy altbergs :british:

Acm

Well I am very surprised by this as I wouldn't buy my kit from anyone else. Never had a problem and others whom I know can say the same.

I don't know the circumstances, situation of your issue and responses, but I cannot fault either of them, hence my recommendation. And as per my original post, ALL walking boots and clothing manufactured for weather proofing needs to be treated.

Colin.

But I will agree with you about care , bought some cracking skiwear advertised as leaky and after some nikwax it's good as new !

Hornet 6

Less than a year old, not been treated, so what........
My boots live in the back of the car, they get washed in puddles or wet grass, never had anything applied to them, not even polish.
They leak only when you go over the top, they are now over 3 years old and still going strong, just like the previous pair which lasted only
9 years, old ones were made by Scarpa, the ones in use now by Berghaus, still wearing well and look to have another couple of years left in them.
Both pairs were/are Gore-Tex lined and fabric and leather with a Vibram sole unit.
Any boots with a waterproof membrane should stay waterproof, those without will allways leak if it's wet enough.

Neil. :)