Harris bi-pod.

Duncs

Just wondering if any one knows what the gold keyring thing is for on the bipods!! Thanks.

not sure about that but there might be someone on this site who knows about the gold rivet thing, often found at the bottom of a ship :lol:

Hang it up on a wall or tree when you want a rest?

I heard about the golden rivet, my best mate joined the navy when he was 16 and he had funny look in his eye first time he cam back on leave :eek:

gold keyring

No boubt ill be corrected if im wrong.Ive just looked on mine and would say its nothing more than a way of stopping the stud clip from detatching when the bi pod is taken off the rifle :confused:

Just looked at mine,

I would think it's a cheapest way of preventing the locking lever being pulled back through. A pivot is required to enable fitting of the bi-pod attachment lugs, to manufacture a pivot method using fixed fulcrum would be more expensive than drilling a hole in a piece of metal that's already there and then fitting a 0.1 pence copper split ring. I would also suggest that a split ring is used as this will catch on nothing, unlike a split pin, that could and inevitably would catch on grass/heather etc....

Cheap but effective.

TJ

Buckden , worried about you ! :lol: ! wasnt it at the bottom of the apple barrel!!!
anyway Duncs not a bad question have oft pondered the reasoning for the
said ring , have given it a tug or two but no ideas, so there must be a bright spark out there that is willing to share wisdom of the ring. If not I am in trouble coz I got 3 8)
Trapper

tartin got my money along with Martin,It pays to investigate the little things.I have a vision off all harris owners saying , course I knew what the thingy was for, although as usual it was a thingy we all knew and nodded at the gunsmith at the point of sale , else we looked like Twxxts!!!.
Trapper

Back