Has any one came across this before.

UK Outfitters

kev.rem700

2013-08-16 21.02.04.jpg 2013-08-16 21.01.48.jpg

I was out this evening and spotted this buck so i took him out.Very nasty mess he was in maggotts all his head they had eat to the bone.

Just wondering has any came across this before.

I have never seen this on a deer.I have seen sheep with maggotts on them but never as bad.

Regards kev

Last edited:

Steyer 6.5

Just guessing here but I would say it is perruqe (I think that's the spelling) but I've never seen it eaten away like that. Morenna is chap for this thread.

moose

He may have been spiked fighting with another buck in the rut, horrible, poor beasty, you would get a bit of satisfaction taking him.

Moose

kev.rem700

He may have been spiked fighting with another buck in the rut, horrible, poor beasty, you would get a bit of satisfaction taking him.

Moose

Im realy please i got him Moose. I think it was some kind of injury that let the flys lay eggs.

Regards Kev

TerryC

I had a Buck like this that had maggots all under the skin of the head, when I saw him I thought he was a black animal as all I could see at first was his face looking over corn, when he turned and offered the shot the client dropped him and when we went up to him you could smell him from yards away, I have some photographs which I will try to find but he had been fighting as he had wounds in the chest and rump the venison was unfit to eat.

Fursty Ferret

Thats nasty...well done for taking him out.
Would a situation like that be just cause for culling an out of season beast to prevent further suffering?

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope