Has anyone been stalking with. Deerhuntingscotland?

6points

Looks like a nice place on ardamurchan interested if anyone has been before 25k hectares so a bit of ground there

Have not stalked with this outfit as such, don't know if it's the owners of Ardnamurchan estate.
I stalked there as a guest of the owner some years ago when they were using one of the Rowantree boys as their stalker. It was good stalking then but it would have been expensive as a client. My wife and I had a great time as guests of Donald.

Oh this is interesting I was just on holiday up that way and the place was fantastic with a few deer about, some challenging walks and interesting deer extraction. I would be interested to hear how this progresses.

Ardnamurchan Estate and Deer Hunting Scotland are separate enterprises.
I think John at Deer Hunting Scotland is a member on here but don't know his forum name.

Highly recommended. John Macdonald took me out last September when we stayed at the Kingairloch Estate. Perfect gentleman, my girlfriend came with us on the stalk and he spent the day patiently talking through everything, effortlessly got me into deer and seriously impressed us running down a decent hill with my stagg at a sprint down to the argo. Watch out for his dog dipper who runs the operation 😀.

West Highland Stalking used to be, and I think still are, the stalkers on Ardamurchan Estate. Don't think harpoons are manditory (unless it goes wrong) but boats are likely to be involved at some point. Nice estate, good views over the West/Mull, good people, shot an eight pointer and a royal and where a lot of bigger beasts kicking about too.

Back