Has Boris burst his Balloon, and thrown his Toys away.

Fadcode

Drastic cuts in the Cabinet by Boris and his Guv Dominic Cummings,
Chancellor resigns, (only Chancellor not to deliver a budget), many of his stalwarts during his election campaign have now been thrown away.
Is this what Loyalty is all about.?
More to come.................

I. Farticus

I think Boris has got exactly what he wanted. He didn't need to sack Javid, and now has Sunik in No.11, who is pro-Boris and the son-in-law of a billionaire family (they own Infosys, the mahoosive Indian outsource business).
Makes you wonder if they paid for his £15k holiday villa... #whodunnit #allegedly #justanopinion :-|

big ears

I think Boris has got exactly what he wanted. He didn't need to sack Javid, and now has Sunik in No.11, who is pro-Boris and the son-in-law of a billionaire family (they own Infosys, the mahoosive Indian outsource business).
Makes you wonder if they paid for his £15k holiday villa... #whodunnit #allegedly #justanopinion :-|
What British politicians thinking of themselves rather than Altruism? Never surely

kes

He did say he wouldn't tolerate 'dead wood' and he has combined advisors for no 10 and 11 downing street - might have something to do with HS2.
I think its a case of - 'if you arent on my side - you are opposed' maybe his Dad could calm him down ?

Odders

If there's one thing he's done to p*ss me off so far, it's his ill thought out statement regarding the import of hunting trophies.
Don't those advising him have ANY idea of what will happen to many animal species once they no longer have monetary value to the local population?
Highest earning villagers (those employed by a PH/game reserve) out of work. No longer any reason not to take anything & everything for bushmeat. Unspoiled landscapes now worthless, so put them to the plough, cut down the trees, remove the game & graze with cattle.

Stupid, ignorant western townies have no idea how much the rural economies of SA & elsewhere depend on hunting.

OK Rant over.

Pine Marten

If there's one thing he's done to p*ss me off so far, it's his ill thought out statement regarding the import of hunting trophies.
Don't those advising him have ANY idea of what will happen to many animal species once they no longer have monetary value to the local population?
Highest earning villagers (those employed by a PH/game reserve) out of work. No longer any reason not to take anything & everything for bushmeat. Unspoiled landscapes now worthless, so put them to the plough, cut down the trees, remove the game & graze with cattle.

Stupid, ignorant western townies have no idea how much the rural economies of SA & elsewhere depend on hunting.

OK Rant over.
I think you'll find BFJ doesn't really give a sh*t. He cares about BFJ staying in power and his "legacy". Not so fussed about what that may be. He has shown numerous times that he will change his views in things to further his aims, be that Heathrow expansion or Brexit. And now, he has been watching his chum Trump has managed to make all power flow from him, absolute loyalty and obedience being the only thing that keeps people in jobs. In other words, how to be an elected autocrat. That's the objective, no actually making Britain Great Again or whatever nonsense suits him at any given moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
The back room staff of number 11 are what were left from Phillip Hammond, that well known brexiteer. It makes more sense for Boris to have a clear out, join the back room teams of numbers 10 and 11 to ensure everyone is pulling together. Otherwise it is constant bickering and arguing with the remainers at the heart of it all, not what the Country voted for. It is all boring, this great British pastime of voting in a new Government and then pulling it to pieces, anyone would think the BBC is pulling the strings.

John

Finch

The back room staff of number 11 are what were left from Phillip Hammond, that well known brexiteer. It makes more sense for Boris to have a clear out, join the back room teams of numbers 10 and 11 to ensure everyone is pulling together. Otherwise it is constant bickering and arguing with the remainers at the heart of it all, not what the Country voted for. It is all boring, this great British pastime of voting in a new Government and then pulling it to pieces, anyone would think the BBC is pulling the strings.

John
True. That said Javid was a fiscal hawk who didn't approve of mindless splurging. He was forced to cave in on HS2 against his instincts, and his instincts were correct. Boris wants to hose borrowed money around like Gordon Brown. We need more Javids and not more Browns.
By all means get rid of Hammond's back room boys but it's we need a responsible Chancellor.

Kalahari

True. That said Javid was a fiscal hawk who didn't approve of mindless splurging. He was forced to cave in on HS2 against his instincts, and his instincts were correct. Boris wants to hose borrowed money around like Gordon Brown. We need more Javids and not more Browns.
By all means get rid of Hammond's back room boys but it's we need a responsible Chancellor.
Actually he said it would go ahead, before a decision had been announced! This is briefing to get the result you want, not trying to stop HS2!

David.

Hornet 6

OK Rant over.
Ask yourself this, does the majority of England give a damn about african hunting and the problems they have financing game protection.

Neil.