hattrick

Hi Guys

just a quick write up, i went for a early morning sit this morning on my new lease, i got up the highseat nice and early with my wifes uncle (observer) and waited for the day to wake up infront us.
as it did i could see several dark object about 290 yards into the field by a couple of trees, as the morning woke up a little more the swarovski bins helped dark blobs turn into deer :D.
there was ten of them all fallow does, anyhow to cut a long story short there was no wind and i was rock steady and confident, so the first fell a 290 , second at 270 and third at 250 they all hit the deck like a sack of suds.
the 308 did its job again great and i know this rifle inside out which does help alot

View attachment 50871View attachment 50872View attachment 50873

i could of shot more but i restrained my self :lol::lol:

Many thanks

ATB

Dave

Well done dave. What day shall I come round for dinner? You'll be off to the sales tomorrow to buy a new freezer then! A fantastic morning on a new ground looks like the old year finished off nice and hopefully a few left for 2015. I'm off in a minute or two to my ground for a last minute trip. Hope I have some of your luck.

anyhow to cut a long story short there was no wind and i was rock steady and confident, so the first fell a 290 , second at 270 and third at 250 they all hit the deck like a sack of suds.
the 308 did its job again great and i know this rifle inside out which does help alot

Nice work, good shooting - and that is the key - know your rifle. I've seen a tag line that said "beware the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to shoot it". :D That being said, there's horses for courses too.
Cheers
Hayden

Hi Guys

just a quick write up, i went for a early morning sit this morning on my new lease, i got up the highseat nice and early with my wifes uncle (observer) and waited for the day to wake up infront us.
as it did i could see several dark object about 290 yards into the field by a couple of trees, as the morning woke up a little more the swarovski bins helped dark blobs turn into deer :D.
there was ten of them all fallow does, anyhow to cut a long story short there was no wind and i was rock steady and confident, so the first fell a 290 , second at 270 and third at 250 they all hit the deck like a sack of suds.

View attachment 50871View attachment 50872View attachment 50873

i could of shot more but i restrained my self :lol::lol:

Many thanks

ATB

Dave

1st photo.....are you sure you didn't just run them all over in your truck??:-|:D

Good result mate, worth you getting up early for :thumb:

Back