Head torch for under £40

phillips321

Hi guys,

In the market for a new head torch now that my LedLenser model is wrecked.

Desires
Under £40
no strobe function
potential for red light
dimmable brightness
rechargeable (12v or 5v)
lightweight (sometimes used for jogging)
ability to angle to direction of light
would like the option to go from spot to flood

Thanks in advance

P.s. I'm not asking for everything, i understand in compromise when a price point needs to be hit.

marrajack

I bought a silver line one from Nordic outdoor. Very good indeed about that price can be re charged or use batteries

flatliner

I recently bought a rechargeable headlamp from dx.com for £17ish about 3 months ago. The build quality is very good for the price, and to be honest it looks very similar to branded models that you can buy for 3 times the price. Mine has hi, lo and strobe with adjustment for flood to spot. on hi power you can see out to about 80-90 yards. There's a big selection available, so you should be able to find something that fits your requirements. Delivery took a couple of weeks

Willie

Try the "Go Outdoors" web site, plenty to choose from in your price range and with the features you want.

salopsniper

Culson do some, a very good mate of mine bought one for fishing and he`s pleased with it and it has a red light.

ATB

Matt

Milligan

Silva Trail Runner II. I use it for ...... trail running and it is good for the price.
Takes rechargeable batt's lasts ages.

countrryboy

Tesco are doing led energiser headlights for 12quid.

Better than the old style ones, had a couple of the older ones but this is better put together, got red, high and low beam and can bend it down

phillips321

Okay so in the end i picked up this one from go outdoors. LED Lenser SEO 7R at £45

I managed to get them to price match another company, but the benefit is they beat the other company by 10%!

Here's the one i had to show them in the shop.

So far it looks pretty good and recharges using USB.... which is great as i have one in the car already.

hybridfiat

I recently bought a rechargeable headlamp from dx.com for £17ish about 3 months ago. The build quality is very good for the price, and to be honest it looks very similar to branded models that you can buy for 3 times the price. Mine has hi, lo and strobe with adjustment for flood to spot. on hi power you can see out to about 80-90 yards. There's a big selection available, so you should be able to find something that fits your requirements. Delivery took a couple of weeks
My choice too. I've brought 30+torches from DX and had good results each time. I use a focusable head torch to run at night. I also recently bought a HID torch (60w) for spotlighting. Works a treat. 300m+ on foxes.
My choice of a headlamp:
SingFire SF-522 Cree XM-L T6 1000lm 3-Mode White Light Headlamp - Black + Silver (2 x 18650)
The torch I last got is not available so this would be my choice of a handheld for shooting;
FandyFire C8 1-Mode 700-Lumen White LED Flashlight w/ Strap (1x17670/1x18650/2x16340) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
I'd say the torch can be extended to take 2 18650 batteries and give a higher output. I might get one and try.
Just get a few 2300mAHr batteries ('protected') and a charger and you all set.

Last edited:

hybridfiat

Okay so in the end i picked up this one from go outdoors. LED Lenser SEO 7R at £45

I managed to get them to price match another company, but the benefit is they beat the other company by 10%!

Here's the one i had to show them in the shop.

So far it looks pretty good and recharges using USB.... which is great as i have one in the car already.

Sorry to see you blew you money of a LED Lenser, we are given them at work as rescue equipment, I'm not a fan. Nevermind, next time try DX and get a real light for a third of the price. :)