Head torch

Lateral

I think we have a first. No matter what make, or what model, EVERYONE is happy with the torch they bought o_O Astonishing................................:thumb:

Alantoo

would not buy from snipersystems they buy torches from China put their own name on the m and multiply the price by 7-10 That torch above i bought from China myself excellent head torch by the way but I paid less than £10 for mine
I did try one of the £7 eBay Chinese LED LENSER copies that someone on here recommended. Interestingly it was actually brighter than the genuine £35:00 LED LENSER one I have. However it lasted just over two months before it died. The genuine one is still going on three or four years later albeit a bit dimmer than it was new, but still working fine.

Alan

LostJock

Priceton Tec Bytes have always done me well.

I’ve started using a Led Lenser standard torch with a headband. It’s the work of a moment to take a hand torch and slip it in the headband. Thoroughly recommend the option, as it’s a two-for-one thing.

I use Led Lensers for most things, good value to cost ratio.

LJ

geordieh

I did try one of the £7 eBay Chinese LED LENSER copies that someone on here recommended. Interestingly it was actually brighter than the genuine £35:00 LED LENSER one I have. However it lasted just over two months before it died. The genuine one is still going on three or four years later albeit a bit dimmer than it was new, but still working fine.

Alan
I had mine as above about 2.5 years and my terrier pup chewed it,the replacement I have had over a year and still going strong.

Last edited:

Hales Smut

A few weeks ago I bought a Nitecore HC60 . Excellent performance. Easy to operate. Rechargeable. To early to tell if they will last ? Price is O.K.

Alantoo

Any of these super-dooper, mega-lumen, headtorches have an additional red option?
None of my LED LENSERs over the last 18 odd years...Headfire, H7R, H7.2, H14R.2 have had a forward facing/reflected red option.
The H14R.2 has a red LED illuminated button on the battery pack which acts as a tail light. You might just be able to read your watch or check your rifle chamber is empty by it, but not see if your boot laces are loose.

Alan

Orion

Thanks, I’ve got a cheapo LED lenser non-rechargeable that has the red option on it, and it’s really very handy for working on 'stuff' when you want to preserve your night vision - and also be a bit more discreet in some sensitive locations - the main beam isn't the best though.

Kran

I have an Olight H1 and would definitely recommend it. Great beam out of it and I rather that the battery is easily replaceable. Also you can take it out the headband and use it as a regular torch. It has a strong magnet too on the base to attach to something like a wheel arch to change a tyre or under a bonnet or the roof of my garden shed. The main reason I bought it was because it could be used in so many different ways besides a head torch.

Sonicdmb73

Any of these super-dooper, mega-lumen, headtorches have an additional red option?
I have had various head torches. My favourite is a Petzl one but the red option is after the white. So you need both hands if you don’t want to show white light.
However I have recently bought one from Decathlon. Twenty quid rechargeable two button operated. Red first the white getting brighter. Not quite as small as the Petzl but has been picked up first for lamping since I got it.

sako85708

Look for CREE XML Headtorch on Ebay can't be beaten for price of 20 cigs and comes with rechargeable batteries . I've got one in each of my trucks and about 5 extra !!

Orion

However I have recently bought one from Decathlon. Twenty quid rechargeable two button operated. Red first the white getting brighter. Not quite as small as the Petzl but has been picked up first for lamping since I got it.
Thanks for that, sadly it appears that one is not available for online purchase, and living beyond civilisation in deepest Devon we are without any local outlet. :(

1tikka

If you can spend and justify the money "
Petzl E99ADA TACTIKKA CORE Compact Multi-Beam Headlamp with Red Lighting and Rechargeable Battery, 350 lm

Klenchblaize

would not buy from snipersystems they buy torches from China put their own name on the m and multiply the price by 7-10 That torch above i bought from China myself excellent head torch by the way but I paid less than £10 for mine
You may wish to share an eBay link having so roundly trashed the aforementioned Organisation's credibility/reputation?

Please.

K

Alantoo

With pleasure
Amazing price. And a great deal if you get a good one. The link you gave earlier was even cheaper. Both of them have identical mouldings to my LED LENSER H14R.2 which was around £70.

I presume the ZweiBruder who are behind LED LENSER have their lamps also made in China and possibly in the same factory, but I think their quality control and lamp specification is higher. But the production cost cannot be hugely different. Like Swarovski they sell at a premium and can afford to honour a no quibble lifetime exchange warranty.

I reckoned my cheap copy of the H7R only had to last an eighth of the time to make the gamble worth it. Sadly it only managed two months. The genuine LED LENSER one, bought in May 2010 replaced FOC under warranty in 2011, is still in use now which is over fifty times longer.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. :)

Alan