Heads up for you lucky welsh shooters .

paul o'

Had a chance to obtain some 6.5 SST 140gr bullets well X 1200 to be fair from what I thought a punter but as it turned out I was given the info by a helpful pal of a small Gunshop outlet in west Wales small but going places new to the game this will be well worth using for All your reloading or shooting needs as Iam sure he will be able to help you out and a chance help to promote a new local business on the up . Another bonus he is in the process of opening up a 2 mile range and a multi room accommodation .
Turns out the drive was worth it from Essex and as I was about to test the same bullets at Orian sweet lamb ranges turned out a win win as they performed well at 1134 yrds . on par with the 135 Atip for far less . :doh::rofl:

-----
Shop is called and address info is .
---------------
BRYN DERW Guns
Talsarnau , Harlech.
Gwynedd LL47 6YG
www.BRYNDERWGUNS.CO.UK

I have nothing to do with this Gunshop but any new outlet needs us punters if we wish to buy local .
Best of luck Bryn Derw Guns :tiphat:

Paul O

8x57

Distinguished Member
Blinking heck that was a hell of a drive for you Paul all the way from Essex to North Wales for some bullets. I called by there a couple of months back when travelling down from north Wales after being made aware of this shop's existence by a post on the site made by VSS. Unfortunately the shop was closed and his neighbour informed me that he was setting up a new shop so I assume that you are talking about the new shop.
It was only a slight detour for me to Harlech when travelling the long road south and I formed the opinion that it probably wasn't worth the detour when I was next passing but after your report I will give it another look the next time I am dragged up north to visit SWMBO's mother.

paul o'

Hi feller yes even the new doors were still not fitted lol the location well after the pictures her indoors wishes to take a hotel and explore around there lol. can't wait to use the new range as Orian has lost the dark side for extn long range targets due to hill walkers ?? ( hill W**kers ) have forced there hand to remove the dark side ?? :doh:

Sash

With respect, Gwynedd is NOT West Wales, but NORTH Wales!
Down here in Dyfed tempers flare about whether you are in North, Mid or South Pembrokeshire; Harlech is at least 5 hours north of here: I could get to pretty close to London in the same time!
Sounds like a potentially good shop, though, and best wishes to him

paul o'

Mate after a 9 hr drive and on the map its on the west coast of the UK so west or north west it matters not , I live on the East coast but its more like 103 deg southeast but its the east coast .

8x57

Distinguished Member
With respect, Gwynedd is NOT West Wales, but NORTH Wales!
Down here in Dyfed tempers flare about whether you are in North, Mid or South Pembrokeshire; Harlech is at least 5 hours north of here: I could get to pretty close to London in the same time!
Sounds like a potentially good shop, though, and best wishes to him
Watch these Essex boys they loose all absolutely sense of direction when they fly off the M25 at a tangent. :rofl:

Sash I can confirm that Harlech is most definitely in North Wales and not in West Wales, I've travelled by it enough over the last 38 years. It's a bloody long way into North Wales too. There again as Paul says everything is west of Essex. :lol:
Dependent on traffic it takes me 4 and a half to five hours to travel 181 miles across Wales to get to the mother in law's place. It takes just over 2 hours just to cross Powys alone. The principality may have a half decent road across the south (M4) and a reasonable road across the north but travelling between the two isn't great. Electric cars certainly ain't going to catch on soon there,

Paul looking at website that you linked it shows that they stock Ballistol products. I know that the distributor for Ballistol was based fairly local to Harlech, do you know if there is any connection?

paul o'

No sorry bud not a clue as said I thought i was going to a chaps home to collect and not a shop lol , looks like the shop all be not there has been around a bit longer than I thought looking at the face book page , but as you pointed out this may be his new gaff ! and what a stunning place to do business :cool:
As for directions yup all is west or up;t north from Southend or even down south to kent :rofl:
I do hope his range is up and running for next year as I and our club needs another range free of the English Bisley Badge B.S and a place free to use the .300 & .338 's without having to use a mod without some clown looking in and gobbing off that his cap flaps are being pushed into his face :doh::rofl::popcorn::popcorn: