Heads up on bullet heads

OISÍN

Had my FEO visit last week for a variation and part of the discussion was on volume of ammo when reloading, he suggested that I have the RFD put the heads on my ticket, I said why do I want to do that ? I can go buy them on the internet, answer was so we can understand the volume being used.... another bright idea I thought !

Any how, heads up..... I'm just going to keep my receipt for each purchase....

nun_hunter

Not that Sussex ask such questions but if they did I'd just show him the cupboard full of empty cases in various stages of prep , powder, primers etc

swarovski

I had Avon and Somerset feo asked me that a couple of years ago.not for the rfd to enter it but me too so to see how much target type bullets I was using to justify the amount of bullets I wanted to buy n keep.feo even rang and spoke to one of my club officials asking about amount of shots can be fired on a club day.depending on who turns up I can comfortably fire 150 shots.2 or more club days a month without going as a guest to another club's shoot.

nun_hunter

I have 600 bullets/complete rounds as my allowance for reloading for CF rifles but I suppose this could be reduced now that expanding bullets are no longer controlled and I doubt I'd ever have near to 600 made up rounds in each calibre. Only just had my renewal though so nothing will change I imagine for another 5 years.

swarovski

I load about 150 max for each calibre and check throat were just in case I need to chase rifling up the barrel

EMcC

I have never been in that position but if ever it did arise I could show them a jam jar full of used primers and tell him where the rest are !!
I have an aluminium legged garden table that used to fall over in the slightest wind so I filled the base with the used primers I had at that time - about a large sweet jar full of them !
I don't load that many now but I still have a few that could be produced if necessary.

ChesterP

Whilst there's no requirement for entering bullets onto any FAC, some FEOs lke to see evidence of rounds shot over the renewal period so that a fair re-assessment of numbers of ammunition asked for and granted in each calibre can be made. No more than that. My own FEO has changed his view slightly in that he now just wants me to include something with my renewal to say that I reload and have an approximate number reloaded in each cal. No receipts or cert' entries needed.

Many people like to buy in bulk once they've found a bullet that works well for them, and that seems to be a reasonable position providing the allowances for loaded ammo are never exceeded.

spandit

Showing evidence you are buying ammunition is necessary for renewal, isn't it? If you are only reloading then evidence of buying components would be useful

enfieldspares

I actually asked the police to REDUCE my ammunition holding as, now expanding bullets were no longer controlled, I didn't need 600 rounds but just 300. And in June this year on renewal they did just that.

enfieldspares

If you are only reloading then evidence of buying components would be useful.
Keep a Game Book. Record how often you go out, if you get a shot or not, when you zero and test results of any loads that you make. If you want record what bullets you purchased and the price paid. That last alone will be interesting to you when you visit the shop the next time.

swarovski

When you have say a 6.5-06 & a 6.5x47 they give double the amount :rofl:.
Got the same with my 284 and 7mm Saum. Fortunately they've not worked out it's the same calibre bullet :doh:

Muir

I should mail you guys a pic of my reloading room to show these guys when they come by: Maybe 60K bullets, 50-60 pounds of powder, 40K primers, 5K loaded CF and 50K rimfire....And a half box of 2 3/4" #8 12 gauge. Just tell them that the pic will have to suffice for today because the hallway to the loading room is blocked by your 8 year old running 7.62 NATO into a belt linking machine to feed your Bushmaster.~Muir

swarovski

You got more in stock than our local dealer.in all fairness its the worst gunshop in the world if not the universe :rofl:.

enfieldspares

I should mail you guys a pic of my reloading room to show these guys when they come by: Maybe 60K bullets, 50-60 pounds of powder, 40K primers, 5K loaded CF and 50K rimfire....
We're poor here, us Brits, Muir! And buy primers by the 100, some, not the 1000. When I started shooting in 1975/76 I even saw a guy picking his .44 balls out of the sand backstop as he said, if he sorted through them, he could get "one more go" out of some of them!

Last edited:

Muir

What I was getting at was your officials most likely reaction. Probably a SWAT team....:eek:~Muir

FWIW: I'm a light weight in my county. Other guys here take their shooting really seriously.