Held two awful guns today.

Scandially

1. Tikka varmint 30.06 with ceracote, adjustable cheekpiece & forend, pickatinny rail. Airgun trigger. £1,800.
2. Beretta Ultralegerro.... PLASTIC sideplates, no mid rib, hollow stock. £2,750.
Where is it going to end?

Pedro

The Beretta is supposed to be light. Hence, I guess the plastic side plates. But I think it's a step too far. I'd rather cart around an anvil than resort to that.

JockStalk

Maybe it’s the same buying the latest in guns as it would be buying your clothes from the most trendy fashion boutique in Helsinki or Milan?

caberslash

I agree!! Although my AI does contain some plastic. 😬 But the fact it’s British and has been used by our forces since the 80’s makes up for that!

Sam

Couldn't care less about the name on the side or who uses the., so long as it's ergonomic, designed correctly and priced appropriately.

The AI stocks have none of these attributes (glorified thumb-hole!!!) 🤮

samdk

Couldn't care less about the name on the side or who uses the., so long as it's ergonomic, designed correctly and priced appropriately.

The AI stocks have none of these attributes (glorified thumb-hole!!!) 🤮
I like to support British companies and the economy of my country, the fact they are the most ergonomic chassis for prone shooting makes it even better!

Also no thumbhole!

Sam

Attachments

• 53F2E37D-B832-4981-9B0F-1C983ED12E75.jpeg
    53F2E37D-B832-4981-9B0F-1C983ED12E75.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 53

caberslash

I like to support British companies and the economy of my country, the fact they are the most ergonomic chassis for prone shooting makes it even better!

Also no thumbhole!

Sam

Point taken, I don't shoot much live game from prone though.

I would be tempted to get an AI stock if someone would make these skins for me:

Screenshot 2021-07-04 11.25.41.png

Muir

You guys are too sensitive. Do you know how many firearms I walk past in a week that I wouldn't own, even if someone else was paying for them?? One man's trash is another man's treasure. ~Muir

User00026

1. Tikka varmint 30.06 with ceracote, adjustable cheekpiece & forend, pickatinny rail. Airgun trigger. £1,800.
2. Beretta Ultralegerro.... PLASTIC sideplates, no mid rib, hollow stock. £2,750.
Where is it going to end?
That’s outright disgusting, wash your hands well before handling a proper firearm again!

Rake Aboot

No real problem with any of that tbh
Time and technology march on.

If you want an old fashioned gun buy an old fashioned gun.

alberta boy

I'm not that picky , I own most things from drastic plastic to classic walnut and blued steel . I find them all interesting .

AB

Koenig

I know what you mean. Sometimes you just pick something up and it’s a definitive Yuk!

You can however change your mind….I was issued a Sig P226 for a long time and loved it. Solid, all metal over-engineeed etc. Then got issued a Glock 17. Yuk!….at first.

I didn’t like the look or feel of it. I definitely didn’t like the polycarbonate (or whatever it is) lower receiver.

Then, after actually using it, I began to change my mind. The plastic wasn’t flimsy and didn’t break. It was also a lot lighter….now I am sold on it.

Technology moves on. Sometimes you should at least give it a try.