Hello all from warwickshire

Sidney

Evening all to cut a long story short I'm a keen countryman who main interest are shooting/ hunting, fly fishing, carp fishing, terriers and hopefully deer stalking. I hold my shotgun and firearms certificate currently have 3 shotguns and 3 rifles and a FAC air gun. I recently joined after browsing the forum and finding it very interesting. :)

Sidney

Hello wood master the deer stalking is something me and my brother have been talking about for a while. I'm a keen pigeon, rabbit, and sometimes thin a few of the local foxes out. Deer stalking appeals to me as it sounds a challenge and a different quarry to approach ( especially for the table including my homemade sausage machine ). Just deciding on what calibre rifle to go with mainly for fallow and roe deer. I have a few friends in the local area who have been offering there knowledge. I plan ideally to find some local ish stalking and have a few contacts up in the borders none a them free but I'm expecting to pay from the word go. I take it your a keen stalker as well.

woodmaster

Good luck with deciding the calibre, that may take you along time if you read all that's available. Everyone's got a favourite. There definitely a challenge and one that's well worth the effort. There is some good stalking fairly local (depending on where in Warwickshire you are) and a few guys on here that would be worth a try. And the Borders have some great stalking too so you'll have a great time if you get there. Like you I just had to put my hand in my pocket and pay for days out. Had some good days and some not so good. I have been lucky enough to have the odd invite from guys that I've met with on the way, which is very nice. I could spend a small fortune on stalking to go as often as I'd like, but have to restrain myself. You'll have the same problem once you get the bug. Happy hunting.