Hello from Aberdeen

2434me

Hello everyone , only just registered and thought I had better do my introduction .

My name is George ,I am a keeper about 8 miles out of Aberdeen and look after about 2700 acres .We do 4000 pheasants , 1000 ducks and try to stay away from commercial shooting at all costs .lol We have a syndicate that shoots and we have been here for 21 years .

I started stalking way back when ! and have done a bit of commercial stalking , hobby stalking for my own pleasure and the usual estate stuff .

I did the old Woodlands competence and then the Advanced stalker course over fifteen years ago with Mr Richard Prior . (A very knowledgeable man !!!) but now am in the process of doing it all again !
except now its called DSC1 and DSC2 lolol.

Anyway ,my passion is Roe deer .I have shot a few stags and ventured south to shoot a few Muntjac ,but cant get passed my passion for Roe .

My rifle of choice is a Styer Mannlicher .243 , always has been .I use mainly 70 grain ballistic tips .If need be I can load it up to shoot anything our countryside has to offer .

Once upon a time I would have been trophy minded (been there done that ! ), but not now . I enjoy the stalk and a clean kill whenever possible .

I would like a crack at Fallow sometime ? that will come in due course I,m sure , but Stags are a thing of the past I think ? (I am allergic to hills these days !)lol

There are bound to be others from this area on the forum ,but if you need to know anything that you think I can help with ? then please get in touch .

Looking forward to enjoying the site
Regards
George

Welcome to the SD George, nothing wrong with a .243cal, I'm certainly happy with mine, wouldn't want to shoot moose with it, but it's a great calibre for roe. Enjoy the site. Cheers, Pete.

Afternoon George

Welcome to the site, plenty to keep you interested here I'm sure.
I'm up in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks fishing on the Crathes beat of the Dee and hopefully some stalking around Dunecht, it's a lovely part of the world up there, I'm quite envious of you.

All the best

Jonathan

Thanks for the welcome guys ,
And Jonathan ,There are some real healthy looking beasts about on Dunecht just now . We keep disturbing them while we are beating .I am sure they take one or two medals off there every year ,and its certainly not overshot by any means . My boundary is with Dunecht so the guys will know me as well .

Good luck for your trip .(when are you up ? )
George

hi george good to see another local on the forum
i`m just down the road at stonehaven
would you be from the ballogie area if so i have picked up with you at fettery all the best bruxie

Hi Bruxie,
Not Ballogie bruxie .My ground is all down the Dunecht east boundary,I am the buffer between the ever expanding Aberdeen/Westhill suburb and the estate .
Dog walkers
Mountain bikers
Twitchers
Pikeys
Hippie,s
Tree huggers
Boy racers
etc
etc
etc
There are no keepers north,south or east of me .!Can be difficult sometimes ! lololol

welcome

welcome to the site, I do alot of work around ballater area how far is this from you 2434me :confused:

Morning George

I'm up on the 8th, fishing with Robert Harper at Crathes. Will be out with Bob off Dunecht. Will probably see John too. Do you know Tocher?

Regards

Jonathan

2434me said:
Hi Bruxie,
Not Ballogie bruxie .My ground is all down the Dunecht east boundary,I am the buffer between the ever expanding Aberdeen/Westhill suburb and the estate .
Dog walkers
Mountain bikers
Twitchers
Pikeys
Hippie,s
Tree huggers
Boy racers
etc
etc
etc
There are no keepers north,south or east of me .!Can be difficult sometimes ! lololol
i agree you put your life on the line when you go shooting near skene
a couple of my shooting mates stay near that part of the world
all the best bruxie

Hi Jonathan,
Know them all well ,Bob and John will be here for my cock shoot tomorrow .Robert cant make it (shooting somewhere else ?)
George

Hello hello !
where you hiding these days ?

Same old same old, here i,m afraid lol

Pheasants finished ,but have to catch up on 20 does now !

Not a lot changes around here as you well know ! ha ha ha

George

Back