Hello from Aberdeenshire !!

bigtedzzr

Hi Folks
I have just come back to shooting after a 10 year break due to work commitments and really enjoying it again.
I had to get all the equipment again and things have moved on a bit.
I have just recently purchased two new rifles
1: Sako 85 synthetic/stainless .270 with T8 mod and S&B 6x42
2: CZ .22lr with mod and a cheap scope.
I really like the Sako it is a nice smooth rifle which I am looking forward to using a lot.
My stalking consists of Roe and Red with a bit of bunny clearance thrown in just for the excitment value.
I have had a look through your forum and read some pretty interesting articles so I am looking forward to reading and learning more !!!

Karl

Daemo

Welcome

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Ive gone for a Predator 8 mod on my 243 but I have opted for the S&B 6x42 too (based on advice from this forum).

What sort of range are you happy using the scope to?

Cheers

Daemon

Trevor.

Welcome mate where abouts in abberdean are u :confused: I am up your neck of the woods next week stalking.

Cheers Gadget.

bruxie hill

hi

hi karl
good to see you on board great forum good bunch of lads here
where in aberdeenshire are you from i`m from south of stonehaven
all the best bruxie

bigtedzzr

HI Bruxie and Gadget
I live between Abberdean and Peterheid in an old farm hoose nice bit of the country I was born and brought up in the north east so it has a soft spot in my heart this area.
Karl

2434me

Looks like we have Aberdeen covered then !Karl
Your north
Bruxie is south
And i am ten miles west (just passed Westhill).
No point going east ! you would get awffy wet !

Welcome , Havent been here long myself.

My Intro is just below your a bit on the list .

auquhollie

Dont panick lad's. I am offshore Aberdeen at the moment so i guess you can say ive got the East covered :lol:

Only pulling yer todger, I am from Stony as well. Welcome Lad's.

Ads ;)

bigtedzzr

Looks like we have good numbers here in the North east infact enough for a pincer movement on union street.
You lads get plenty of local stalking for roe's then or do you venture further afield ?
Karl

2434me

Most of mine is to do with my job, but I do have a couple of recreational corners here and there .My brother also runs the Stalking school up at Carron ,so plenty of scope there to if need be .
I am planning to go south before the end of march maybe to try and knock over a Muntjac or two ,nothing set in stone yet ??

Eslie

Hi

Hi Karl

Welcome to the site i just stay west of Aberdeen and know auquhollie and bruxie hill very well

Cheers Eslie

bigtedzzr

Hi Eslie
Thanks for the welcome North east numbers are climbing ,
I was out today after a few Roe but nothing shot but sat and watched a buck and two does on the wrong side of my fence but enjoyed sitting watching them for about quarter of an hour.
West of Aberdeen is that the Alford way or further south?
Karl

auquhollie

Na mate, Eslie is in "THE" west side of the town. Big house X5 on the lock block that sort of thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Eslie, Hows th trailer by the way :rolleyes:

I have most of my Stalking ground on my door step. Mostly Roe o the farms but have stalking on a forrestry block that is moving with Red's.

Just a shame i cant get near them (before Bruxie comes along) :lol:

Ads

Eslie

Hi Karl

Not that far out just the suburbs but my ground is east of aboyne for roe and south of crathes for roe and red

Cheers Eslie

bruxie hill

auquhollie said:
Na mate, Eslie is in "THE" west side of the town. Big house X5 on the lock block that sort of thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Eslie, Hows th trailer by the way :rolleyes:

I have most of my Stalking ground on my door step. Mostly Roe o the farms but have stalking on a forrestry block that is moving with Red's.

Just a shame i cant get near them (before Bruxie comes along) :lol:

Ads

me never said a word mate :eek: :eek: :eek:
all the best bruxie