Hello from the US

My name is Evan, I live in the state of Idaho. I hunt Whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, mountain lion, black bear, and occasionally small game. I hunt mainly with a 300 win mag but I do use a lot of other calibers also. I am very interested in visiting Scotland to stalk deer and see the sights. I am excited to join this site and learn about stalking in the UK !

Tim.243

My name is Evan, I live in the state of Idaho. I hunt Whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, mountain lion, black bear, and occasionally small game. I hunt mainly with a 300 win mag but I do use a lot of other calibers also. I am very interested in visiting Scotland to stalk deer and see the sights. I am excited to join this site and learn about stalking in the UK !
Welcome.....

You are in the potato state if I am correct? My friends dad has an office there.

Tim.243

yes potato state but I live in the north half of the state hundreds of miles from any potato farms. I live where it is mostly steep mountains with logging supporting the communities.

I'll try to post a few pictures to show what it is like here and some of the game I have taken.IMAG1055.jpg

Here is a Tom mountain lion I shot last year.

Last edited:
IMAG1650.jpg

Bull elk from last year.

I hope these pictures don't come across as trying to brag in any way, I just thought it might be neat for you all to see what my hunting passions are.

Last edited:

Cootmeurer

Welcome to the site. If you want some info on making Scotland happen from the states shoot me a PM. Great place, great people, great memories - just make sure you have realistic expectations. The highlands are not what the Outdoor/Sportsmans/Pursuit channels show - unless you want to shell out some serious money.

Trufflehunting

Guess you hunted him with hounds
If so do they clear off in a straight line or twist and turn
How old a line can your hounds hunt
Guess snow doesent make things easyer

Yes he was treed with hounds, the way its done is you drive old logging roads in the Forrest until you find a set of lion tracks in the snow, then put well trained dogs on it and they usually can catch up to it and tree it. We commonly run tracks 12-24 hours old but occasionally run tracks several days old. They have miles to run before they even jump the cat , after it is jumped the cats usually only go about half a mile but they run circles and cliffs to try and loose the dogs.

Tim.243

A few more pics
Good stuff, a lot of us on here use photobucket which loads up direct size pictures.

easy to open up an account and click away....

There is one pop up which is annoying but the storage is free and a lot of it...

Tim.243

Hi Evan! Have stalked in Scotland for 17 years on and off! It is probably some of the hardest stalking you will ever do! Especially on the west coast of Scotland! Welcome to the site!