Hello from the Yukon

North61

I mostly hunt moose from a Freighter Canoe, but also hunt caribou, sheep and bison here in the Yukon. Doing a fly in sheep hunt in August and taking my fat body up to 6500 feet. Using a Forbes 24B in 30-06 for that, use a 348 Winchester model 71 for moose and a 358 Norma in a Swedish Varberger for Bison. I post a lot of our adventured on YouTube north61 and my kids are my hunting partners. They are off to University soon so maybe I'll have to get re-aquainted with my original hunting partner my wife. Retiring in 5 months so I can hunt full time soon. Looking forward to learning about hunting in the mother country and learning a bit about the Varberger. Never seen another over here and it seems to shoot very well.

My mate has a place in Atlin BC. Welcome to the site, work is like sitting on a rocket sled retirement is when it hits the water brake at the end.

welcome, look forward to hearing about how you hunt in the Yukon, You'll find now your retired you'll be busier than when you were working. You're living my dream. look forward to reading your posts. regards deerwarden

A great place to live from what I've seen on TV. It must be great to have so much open country to explore and hunt. Hope the sheep hunt goes well. I will look forward too hearing of the adventure if you get time to write something.

I'll take you along on my sheep hunt August 3-11th. 59 years old first time sheep hunter.
I would love to do a sheep hunt, but unless I come into some serious money it aint going to happen.
I'm 59 in 2 weeks time, been to Montana 4 times, got a Bull Elk last year.
Good luck on your hunt.
Cheers
Richard

Welcome to SD , always good to see another Canadian here , especially one who likes Model 71 Winchesters . I do love the Yukon brother , great hunting and fishing .

AB

Last edited:
Back