Wanted: Help! Case Stuck in Die

sikadog

You can buy kits to remove cases from dies RCBS make them.
I just drlll and tap them then use a socket as a spacer thread in a bolt and tighten and out it comes.

Ranger22

You can buy kits to remove cases from dies RCBS make them.
I just drlll and tap them then use a socket as a spacer thread in a bolt and tighten and out it comes.

use a steel bolt and you don’t have to tap the case

bobjs

try leaving it in the freezer over night i did this with a 6mm r.e.m. case a few weeks ago and it came out the next day with a wiggle and a tap

bob

paul o'

IF you lived close I would remove it for you ,have you managed to remove the de-primer rod and neck sizer ball /or what ever you use ? if so pace die back in the press take a long bolt that fits and drop it down , BUT dont do this if you use a lee or cheap type press not being funny but you could damage your press ? .Never mind if have this type If you have a bench vice and have a set of thick lead jaw covers lock it in there and give it a good tap best to use a bolt that is of the same size as your bullets not some thin twig thing , next time use more lube lol

urx

If the head has been torn off then still all is not lost
ive turned out the remains of cases on the lathe...takes little thought depending on the case but very doable

Cranhill

Thanks all, I’ve tried the drill / tap etc no luck, so ill the freezer next then plan C if no luck!