Help R93 thread protector/front sight

Territory Hunting

EMcC

I am sure I read on here somewhere that a front sight was made attached to a thread protector on a Blaser R93 barrel.
Can anybody shed any light on this for me as I have the opportunity to buy a barrel that has the front sight removed to allow the use of a moderator, the rear sight is still in place.

willie_gunn

I am sure I read on here somewhere that a front sight was made attached to a thread protector on a Blaser R93 barrel.
Can anybody shed any light on this for me as I have the opportunity to buy a barrel that has the front sight removed to allow the use of a moderator, the rear sight is still in place.

Eddy

Your memory is good - this is the thread: Iron sights and moderator.

It was Steve Kershaw who did the work on Claret Dabbler's Blaser.

​willie_gunn

bewsher500

I had the portion of my Brno barrel (with the foresight) that was removed for the screwcut, re-threaded to be screwed back on as a thread protector
it was done separately so it could t be indexed but a liberal removal of a couple of thou saw it line up perfectly

​think I may have lost it though!!

EMcC

Thanks for the heads up. I had an idea it was Brian that had it done, the trouble is the front sight is not with the barrel.
I have read the post and Neil Mckillop's name was mentioned and as he is only 'up the road' from here he may be the chap to contact for an option first.

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing