help with reloading .17 hornet

sampieman

Any help or info of what powders ect.. to reload my .17 hornet . i have a recipe using Hodgson H110 but this only achieves 3200 fts as factory loads reach 3650 fts , loosing over 400 fts seems a lot to me. anyone out there got a nice recipe they would like to share ?? will be much appreciated ..

Thanks guys

Barkingsnake

I've used H4198, H322 and Lil'Gun for about three years now. What bullet?
I use Berger, Hornady and Nosler. All much the same but prefer Berger TBH.
Assume 20grain: I'd load with Lil'Gun but you need to be very wary and use 0.1grain increments working the loads up.
I have some PDFs kicking about I'll look them out. Better PM me an email...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

sampieman

Accurate seems to be the one to use but i cant seem to find it locally, i can can vit no problem tho. which do you think is better ?

triggersqueezer

Accurate seems to be the one to use but i cant seem to find it locally, i can can vit no problem tho. which do you think is better ?
google search it buddy,i think there is not much in it accurate worked for me but many swear by vit 120.great fun round.i'm playing with a fireball at the moment

sampieman

will do. I thought about a 17 remmington but i am told they can burn a barrel with hot loads in as little as 500 rounds, not sure if thats true tho !!

TriggerPull

My mate is getting 3,250 with 25gr V-Max using Lil Gun and his barrel has been shortened quite a bit too. I suggest you persevere a bit more with H110 and give Lil Gun a try