Here's one for you thrifty types...

j0e_bl0ggs

A cheap sizing wax;

Been testing this stuff, so far damn good!

vo5-styling-wax-75ml.jpg

You only need enough that you can just feel it on your fingers. Basically you cannot see it applied to the case!

Muir

Yep, cleans up a treat with a clean rag.
Just done a shed load of 22-250!

Looks like I won't get to try it too soon. I just did a search on the stuff and no US outlets carried it. Seems to be a UK and AU oriented product. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it though, just in case. Good work, Amigo.~Muir

j0e_bl0ggs

At £8+ a tin of any reloading brand wax, this stuff at ~£3 is a steal!
Just ask if one of your friends here will send you a tub in a red cross package!

Muir

Plenty of hair wax products over there Muir, any should do.

True but results with one brand don't always translate. One of the competition shooters I worked with years back told me to try 'heavy duty silicon spray lube" for resizing cases. Said it worked great and was cheap. I stuck the first case I tried. The only success I had was using his particular brand. I may experiment though. It will be fun. I have 60, 30-06 loads to assemble today along with some 308. I'll hit the store to see what they have.~Muir

Muir

Tried one brand and it wasn't much to rave about. Found some "Aussie for Men Texturizing Wax" and holy cow! That stuff is great. One touch will lube three cases. I Small Base, Full Length Resized some once fired surplus Lake City 308 brass. Grungy range pickup I swiped with 0000 steel wool to take the grit off of. The cases sized easy as can be. Four bucks a tub.

Great Find, Joe! :thumb: ~Muir

charadam

I think the 1 1/2 tins of Imperial will see me out, unless I increase my reloading by about 1000%.

It has taken me 7 years to use the first half!

Of course, when they repeal the handgun ban things may change.