High quality mounts for an HMR

Leica Amplus 6

esoxecosse

Contemplating adding an HMR to my certificate and I'm planning now what gun/scope/rings package to put together, the rifle is very likely to be an Anschutz 1517, the scope, a variable without parallax adjustment, maybe a Duralyt or something similar, now the rings seem to be the problem, the 1517 only has the 11mm dovetail rail like an air rifle and I wanted to use high quality rings like the Burris Signature series one's with the optiloc style inserts to protect the scope from marking.
I can find Burris SS high rings for inch diameter scopes but not for 30mm diameter tube scopes, am I missing another make which would cater for my needs or is it worth getting the 11mm dovetail to Weaver adaptors (BKL-566) shown on this page Opticswarehouse BKL Scope Mounts, BKL 9-11mm to Weaver Adapters and then attaching the Burris Signature Zee Weaver 30mm scope rings to the adapters...?
I haven't come across a scope I fancy with a one inch tube yet hence the 30mm tube rings.
Any helpful advice would be gratefully appreciated, maybe 1517 owners could let me know what they're using..?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

MarkC

esoxecosse

Hi Anthony, does that rail screw directly into the tapped holes in the top of the receiver..? any chance of some pics of your one..?

Cheers

MarkC

AnthonyR

Hi Anthony, does that rail screw directly into the tapped holes in the top of the receiver..? any chance of some pics of your one..?

Cheers

MarkC

Yes the rail is screwed on using the existing holes in the top of the receiver, the screws are supplied with the rail as well.

I don't have any pics at the mo as I am at work but if you Google Image search for DIP Anschutz rail, I am fairly sure you will get what you are after.

I went with a rail so I could switch easily between NV and a dayscope and all my rifles now have rails so I can move scopes about as I want to.

Klenchblaize

Why would you want to put a "rail" on this rifle??

Here is my recomendation:

czdt_zpsac829f8d.gif

Cheers

K

esoxecosse

Ideally I would like bases and rings, I didn't know they were available, hence the post, glad I did now, can anyone point me in the specific direction for bases for a 1517..?

Cheers

MarkC

scoie

i used these=BKL-261 4" Long Rimfire Unitized Dovetail Moun, on my 1417. admitedly only 1" but worked well with a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 x44, very solid mounts and nice looking to boot, i will be getting another set soon to add to my 1517( great rifle )
craig

sundog

I have a set of warne steel bases for sale that I had on my 1517. They screw onto the receiver and allow the use of any weaver style rings. They're solid,not too bulky and great if you like swapping scopes around.I have them in a drawer somewhere PM me if you're interested

esoxecosse

I have a set of warne steel bases for sale that I had on my 1517. They screw onto the receiver and allow the use of any weaver style rings. They're solid,not too bulky and great if you like swapping scopes around.I have them in a drawer somewhere PM me if you're interested

That's the base's sorted, thanks John, just need some 30mm Burris Signature Zee mounts now if anyone has some lying about. :D

Cheers

Leica Amplus 6