High seat grants

Dream on.............what on earth makes you think that tax payers money should be spent on high seats.

However, remember that should your landowner need to buy one or more as a genuine business expense they would be tax deductible.

Dream on.............what on earth makes you think that tax payers money should be spent on high seats.

However, remember that should your landowner need to buy one or more as a genuine business expense they would be tax deductible.

We got a full grant for 8 freestanding high seats as part of woodland management scheme

Guy used to come round each year with a gps backpack to mark them all up and authorise the additional annual RPA payment

Also had to do annual deer impact assessment

S

We got a full grant for 8 freestanding high seats as part of woodland management scheme

Guy used to come round each year with a gps backpack to mark them all up and authorise the additional annual RPA payment

Also had to do annual deer impact assessment

S
Thanks for this, interesting.

I-Could think of a lot worse things payers money is spent on……..

Just to let you know. You can get help with highseat cost through woodland higher tier payment scheme. And it's also looking like you can claim money per hectare for deer and squirrel control in the same scheme soon.

Alot of tax payers money is spent on environmental improvement schemes. So if deer are the cause of damage to SSSI woodland why shouldn't you claim money? I think farmers single farm payments are going in the environment improvement direction.

Just to let you know. You can get help with highseat cost through woodland higher tier payment scheme. And it's also looking like you can claim money per hectare for deer and squirrel control in the same scheme soon.
We’re in our final year of this. Got grants for seats and squirrel control.
Although they wanted us to have one squirrel trap in each ha of woodland.
Not really practical. Typical natural England thinking for you.
I a ways hammer the squirrels anyway so might as well get some payment to help.

Do you give the high seats back once the grant period has been completed or when trees are large enough to withstand deer damage?

Do you give the high seats back once the grant period has been completed or when trees are large enough to withstand deer damage?
I guess the first thing you have to do is find out if your ground is in the Countryside Higher Tier Stewardship. And my understanding is if a percentage of the ground is the seat must be in that wood not in the fields.

And if you take grant money you have to show that you are achieving the goals and do deer impact surveys and a cull plans.

Back