High seat

dusk till dawn

I am looking for a double lean to high seat, can anyone let me know of a good web site or supplier to purchase one please. regards Paul :)

5ways

paul jermy said:
I am looking for a double lean to high seat, can anyone let me know of a good web site or supplier to purchase one please. regards Paul :)
Sportsman are doing about the best deal in town on high seats give them a call.

mjjl

cabelas is worth a look as well. takes a bit longer to arrive but cheaper.

dusk till dawn

I will check out the sites you have given me and let you all know if I manage to get one.Thanks for your help.
Paul :D

mole trapper

mjjl said:
cabelas is worth a look as well. takes a bit longer to arrive but cheaper.
Bought two high seats from Cabelas a fortnight ago, ordered them saturday night, they were on my doorstep thursday morning, UPS contacted me on wednesday to appologise for the delay because of bad weather in the states. :eek: . They are exellent quality, in my opinion far better than the sportsman model, and whats more i paid £10 more to have two delivered from the states than i would have paid for one from just up the road, does not make sense, half way round thw world and half the price. Cant reccomend them enough.

Beowulf

Hi MoleTrapper,
Nice to see you back on the site mate. I was only thinking of you the other day. I saw that Johnny Kingdom on the TV and thought 'I wonder what Mole Trapper is up to'! :lol: ;)

stone

blooming eck mole trapper,
it took months for cabelas to send me a catalogue let alone a couple of highseats well done mate,
stone

devilishdave

It might be cheaper to go to your local black smith and get him to build one for you. I built a 3.5m free stander for about £70 including paint. a lean to would be about £50 in materials by my reconing

Dave

high seats.

I found the same problem. I had mine made for me from a pattern I made. It works out a lot cheaper and you can actually shoot from them. Some of the first ones I bought the rifle rest were so close I could rest my chin on it not much good for a rifle.

My advice is ask locally, there will be some one who can help. If not let me know.

dusk till dawn

Hi mole trapper thanks for the information, could you let me have the details on the high seats you got, were they a double seat, and how much was it to get them in from the states. I would really like to order two but was a bit worried what they were like. regards
Paul

smithp18

Hi mole trapper Sorry to be any trouble but you do the same for me as for paul jermy regards information, and also could you let me have the details on the high seats you got, were they a double seat, and how much was it to get them in from the states. Im a little concerned re the tax issue I think they just add it to the bill when checking out but are is there anything to pay over here regards customs

Thanks

Smithy

mole trapper

Beowulf, been in Derriford having a brain tumour taken out, that was twelve days ago, have spent the last three days trying to make inroads into my work back log.
Only paid about £65 each for the high seats, rated to 300lbs, complete with safety harness, padded shooting rest etc, i very much doubt we could get something fabricated to the same quality cheaper over here, certainly not with the wrench, straps, harness etc.

mjjl

i also bought a seat from cabelas it was $80 plus $35 shipping took about a week to arrive and i had to pay the vat which was about a tenner. the seat is a square frame covered with weldmesh it also comes with a padded seat which goes on top of this and up the tree trunk to form the back of the seat as their is no actual integral seat back you just lean on tree. sounds un comfortable but isn't. they have loads of different types try this
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat20051&navAction=jump&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat20712&parentType=category&parentId=cat20712

hope this helps
mark.

Beowulf

Bloody hell Mole Trapper! :eek: I'm sorry to hear about your tumour mate! I hope you are feeling better. I'm stunned! You take care of yourself mate.
I'll be down your way visiting my sister in Princetown this spring. I'd like to drop by and say hello if I may.

All the best mate. Mr B

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Mole Trapper, I take my hat off to you mate, one of the old school. I have known people make more fuss over having a bloody tooth out.

I hope all go's well for the future.

John

mole trapper

Thankyou for your kind words gentlemen, Beowulf would be delighted to meet up, when you are down this way.
JAYB, A lot of people have said they could not believe how quick i bounced back, thing is i love my business and dont like to see her suffer, plus i am a money grabbing watsit. :lol:
Put one of the high seats from Cabelas together yesterday, i am really pleased with them, might get another two or three sent over, the annoying thing is it is going to be dearer sourcing the chains and padlocks than buying the seats, note to self, read through Cabelas catalogue, probably find that as well..
Best wishes to you all, MT.

Dickie

Mole trapper a speedy recovery to you.
I have also bought a seat from cabelas and loads of other bits and pieces for the quad etc speedy service my seat goes up to 16 ft and has a fold down seat and adjustable rail well good just need to convert the rail for shooting either side as it's only for straight in front reasonable chains and locks can be had from motorcycle shops.
Stone you don't need the catalogue it does take ages but online is the way!

Dickie

remmy7

Hi Mole Trapper,

I dont really post much on this site but visit it daily and do wonder where some people go sometimes. Having read your recent post I was pleased to see that you appear to have the positive mental attidude required to get through such a situation. I myself was diagnosed with a terminal cancer in 2006 and at the conclusion of my chemo i was told that for the meantime I am in remmission. That very evening I shot the buck that I posted a picture of on April 2nd 2007, it made a 166.5 gold medal. Even during my treatment I didnt stop stalking but my friends basically put me into a high seat and then did any gralloch/extraction that was required. My point is that whilst lots of people will be free with there advice on keeping your chin up its easy to feel that "its easy for them to say" but i really do feel it makes all the difference. As a foot note the only downside I have to all this is that my force now have me on six monthly reviews with regards to my ticket.

All the best mole trapper.

Remmy7