Highclere show 25/26 May.

Highclere Show 25/26th May

Hi Bucksden,
Are we the only two people within 20 miles of Newbury.
We as a family have been going for the past 8 years or so. However I thought that last year was a bit of a Rip Off.
As usual we went on the Monday and get there early. I think we were charged £11 and by about 12:00 a number of the stalls were packing up , probably due to the wet weekend.

On our way out we stopped at the ticket office and asked for a bit of a re-fund, which they refused. But what made us really angry was, at around 14:00 they were still charging full price to new arrivals.
In the days after I tried continually through Emails to send a complaint but each time the Email could not reach the recipient.
OK gripe over. It is a good little show and we will probably go again this year.
The Estate could do with filling in the pot holes on the way out though.

anyone going, weather permitting?

i'll be there with wife and kids, hoping to be able to slip away to a cider tent for a swift one or two :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guys, I'll be going as its about 20 mins from my weekend haunts. What day are you planning to visit?

The last one I went to was all Embroidery, Paintings, Corn Doilies, Clothing and Cookery with the odd bird display and a few sheep.
No guns!!

Hi Lads, We will be going on the Monday.
this holiday weekend is always busy for us.
Bisley Phoenix meeting Saturday, family New Forest trip Sunday and that only leaves Monday for Highclere.

latest word from senior managment is that it will be monday, however this could change.

on sunday i'm going to a BBQ for the members of the Reading Scottish pipe band, where was that thread about hearing protection?

... so who went? Mrs Mole looked out of the window this morning and decided we'd go shopping instead. Seem to remember that today is a mirror image of Highclere last year :(

Hi Mole, Same here. Mrs Techman decided she didn't want to get muddy again.
I bought some 6.5x55 bullets at Bisley Saturday and decided that it would be and ideal time to load a few. I also cleaned some cases and re-sized them, cleaned rifles and can check Zero on Wednesday.
So not a bad day after all.

both of my events were cancalled due to weather. i did however spend the family entrance fee on a box of federal 150gn .308's and whacked a few through the rifle :p and we had 4 bantam chicks hatch.

Back