Hind shot after being found wounded by arrow

basil

Distinguished Member
It`s beyond belief what some will do for a kill.
Another mindless act that will go unpunished.
basil.

devilishdave

DISGUSTING

would a red calf realy perish without its mother at this time of year or was that bit a load of emotive ballocks?

Dave

Claret_Dabbler

Looks like a crossbow bolt to me.

I would expect a red calf to be independent by this time of the year, they are 8-9 months old now.

None-the-less utter scumbags are responsible for this sort of thing. Quite a bit of it here in N Ireland, tosser's with 22RF's etc lamping deer, my guess is 3-4 deer are left injurred for every deer they take cleanly.

irishgun

if the hind was still lactating the calf could be very much depended on its mother .
we have all seen hinds come into season late or come back into season if missed.
whilst out with a client this sika rut in oct i seen a calf that was not more than a 5-6 weeks old .
so the answer is possibly .

as to the user of the cross bow ,i would only hope to see them on the ground

leec6.5

this is a simple act of mindless murder !! regardless if the calf was dependant or not the murdering barstards should be strung up !
but as we all know this will go un punished .

i just cant belive it

lee

Labrador

Mindless, what an unnecessary waste. Definitely a crossbow bolt though, a weapon that requires only limited skill at short range.
Hope this doesn't queer the pitch for BBA members aspirations.

legaleagle69

That is just beyond belief what goes through the mind of these animals :evil:
It really defies all reason, I love the idea of Bow Hunting and the skill involved in such hunting, this is the work of low lifes with no respect for anything or anyone .. :cry: :cry: