Wanted: Hind stalking.

rosco

Good evening all.

I'm looking for days hind stalking in Scotland this coming January,
My plan is to fly up Friday come back Sunday,
Criteria for trip being :

One day's hill stalking
Estate rifle
2 nights accomdation(pub, hostel, I don't mind)
Nothing fancy or expensive just good experience of hill stalking.

It's something I want to do before I end up emigrating.

Many thanks
Ross

paul newham

Good evening all.

I'm looking for days hind stalking in Scotland this coming January,
My plan is to fly up Friday come back Sunday,
Criteria for trip being :

One day's hill stalking
Estate rifle
2 nights accomdation(pub, hostel, I don't mind)
Nothing fancy or expensive just good experience of hill stalking.

It's something I want to do before I end up emigrating.

Many thanks
Ross
Hi Ross.

Give Winston a ring at Winston Churchill stalking. He is in Dunoon which is about 3/4 hour from Glasgow airport. Very reasonable and good variety of land.

lochty

Atholl estates near Pitlochry, Drummond estates near Crieff. Both might still being using ponies for carcase extraction if you want something more memorable.

paul newham

Winston Churchill, great guy not expensive and fantastic rugged country. You must be fit.
Tusker
I take it you've been to Winston's a few times yourself as I have. I will be up there later in the year for a week on the stags but ineed to lose a few pounds first else I won't be getting up those hills.

tusker

I take it you've been to Winston's a few times yourself as I have. I will be up there later in the year for a week on the stags but ineed to lose a few pounds first else I won't be getting up those hills.
yes mate, but its worth it when you are on top isn't it. I love it but every time on the first day I think sh1t why am I doing this ,...then you hear the stags roar and the pain disappears , the adrenalin kicks in , we start to whisper...……….aghhhh damn just got to get back there!
Tusker

Chikentikka

yes mate, but its worth it when you are on top isn't it. I love it but every time on the first day I think sh1t why am I doing this ,...then you hear the stags roar and the pain disappears , the adrenalin kicks in , we start to whisper...……….aghhhh damn just got to get back there!
Tusker
Sorry to hijack but do you have a contact number for winstons? Cheers

srvet

This autumn will be our second year stalking with Winston (well Paul to be accurate). We
Tusker
booked last year based on positive reports from here and we were both more than happy with how things worked out. It does definitely help to be relatively fit before going!!