Hip Flask Fillers

Anything except whisk(e)y unless it is a good Blackberry whisk(e)y Just don't forget it Saturday preferably sloe gin please

As said afore, if Scotland ... No booze .... Just not worth losing yer license ( driving & gun ) for

Paul

Nothing if you're shooting & driving in Scotland.
As said afore, if Scotland ... No booze .... Just not worth losing yer license ( driving & gun ) for
Paul

It would of course be extremely foolish to take alcohol while shooting or driving to the extent that one risked impaired functioning for either activity, or breaking the law relating to the latter.

However, it is not clear that a judicious nip or two from a flask would induce such a state of affairs.

Thanks for the replies. It's a only a small flask, so you wouldn't get much more than a sip each by the time it's been passed around a team of guns. I'll keep an eye out for a bottle of glayva, but king's ginger might have to suffice in the meantime.

Thanks for the replies. It's a only a small flask, so you wouldn't get much more than a sip each by the time it's been passed around a team of guns. I'll keep an eye out for a bottle of glayva, but king's ginger might have to suffice in the meantime.

Kings Ginger Liquer from Berry Bros & Rudd, that brings back memories, nothing finer for a flask, we used to drink this as a stirrup cup and by lunch often be so pi""ed couldn't remount off the ground, those were the days, five bar gates... Bring 'em on lol.

But now I'm older and wiser..... So they tell me.

happy days,

WB

Kings Ginger Liquer from Berry Bros & Rudd, that brings back memories, nothing finer for a flask, we used to drink this as a stirrup cup and by lunch often be so pi""ed couldn't remount off the ground, those were the days, five bar gates... Bring 'em on lol.

But now I'm older and wiser..... So they tell me.

happy days,

WB

Sadly this is probably a day late for Saturday but for the Kings Ginger fans I made a couple of bottles of my own ginger liqueur last week. Only takes 2-3 days to make and gives Kings Ginger a serious run for its money. General consensus on my shoot on Saturday was that it is better, much better.

I found the the recipe here.

I would suggest reducing the sugar content, or better add sugar at the end to taste. I also added a splash of orange bitters. It really is a very special drink.

Back