Hogs and helicopters, can I clear this up for you folks!

I think the confusion comes from the fact it is happening in the USA, I am never surprised what they get up to, Money is King over there, and I am quite sure a few palms have been greased to allow this sort of thing to be allowed, the real problem is that it puts the Hunting Fraternity in a very bad light to the general public, its always the few who make it harder for the many.

A few final thoughts on the whole "debacle" camo while flying is a bit silly imo. Palms greased I have a certain doubt law enforcement would look the other way given
the political environ we have right now. Is this the image we as hunter's/stalkers want? Much the same as the guy who shot the elk at 960 yards I have my issues with heli gunning hogs full auto or otherwise. The issue of legality tempers my outrage. Was it legal where done? If so I don't have to like it. Baiting at night is done to eradicate hog's too. What little I know by reading is the destruction of habitat and crops by hog's staggers my mind with the cost's involved.

I will (without recourse to CAPITALS - see what I did there) or lines of exclamation marks, calmly give my 2p worth.

I understand why it is necessary.
I understand that it is not hunting.

I don't understand why you would film it and show it to the world.

Agreed but it seems the thing to do these days. There was a guy on the 25 sharps Facebook groups posting a vid today, only a short clip of 3/4 animals being shot. A couple hit quite hard, one requiring a follow up but the first animal quite clearly wasn’t hit in the vitals, with just a broken leg. Plenty of time for a follow up and one wasn’t taken, it was going to go off and suffer, a lot. This is what I (and I suspect many others) dislike about this type of shooting.

Even if I’m shooting rats, or lamping rabbits off of a truck being about the closest we’d get in the uk! If a shot goes wrong and there’s an easy and viable follow up it should always be taken. Anything else is just c*ntish.

The poster on the Facebook group has ignored my question as to why a follow up wasn’t taken. Much like after his boast that he’d fired 1780 rounds at hogs last year, he ignored my query of how many had hit the Mark!!

So to answer your question of why the video, ego, pure and simple

they are people eradicating varmints. Full fing stop!!!!! Do you feel sorry when someone uses poison spray to kill a cockroach? Same thing. Don’t confuse exterminators with hunters.

No it’s not the same thing FFS, pigs are intelligent creatures that suffer a lot of pain if shot badly, that’s just not on.

I will (without recourse to CAPITALS - see what I did there) or lines of exclamation marks, calmly give my 2p worth.

So people like you can search for it on YouTube, watch it for free and complain about it. Sort of win, win isn't it.

I like these threads. They allow people to question their own belief system for one nano second before before the pile on starts.

A few final thoughts on the whole "debacle" camo while flying is a bit silly imo. Palms greased I have a certain doubt law enforcement would look the other way given
the political environ we have right now. Is this the image we as hunter's/stalkers want? Much the same as the guy who shot the elk at 960 yards I have my issues with heli gunning hogs full auto or otherwise. The issue of legality tempers my outrage. Was it legal where done? If so I don't have to like it. Baiting at night is done to eradicate hog's too. What little I know by reading is the destruction of habitat and crops by hog's staggers my mind with the cost's involved.
Why the camo, pfffft, that’s easy. If they go down in hog country, they can make their egress to a safe area undetected.

Another name for feral hog is wild boar, and you can put as much of that in front of me as you like...!

As for prime beef.... breads like Limousin and Charolait are little more than dog food. Aberdeen Angus is not much better. The best beef in my experience is slow grown Galloway, properly hung.
Agreed Galloway is quite palatable, but you won't beat Longhorn beef.

Reactions: Acm
Agreed Galloway is quite palatable, but you won't beat Longhorn beef.
I used to think the same thing , and bought sides of highland beef for my own table.
nowadays i produce 400 head of cattle a year all angus and blue x's, but i keep highlands for myself.
4 year old grass fed highland beef? i don't think it can be beaten.
and feral hog and wild boar aren't the same thing.

Interesting that the argument on here is regularly against the ‘professional’ contractors taking sport away from ‘recreational’ shooters who often pay for the shooting (and sometimes don’t do a great job) but when it’s abroad with something a bit less familiar we seem to be siding with the professionals being the only ones allowed to do it.

I haven’t got a particular view either way on these things but the different views intrigue me

That’s was the main part of the reason I started the discussion earlier 10/10 and I 100% agree with you.

Interesting that the argument on here is regularly against the ‘professional’ contractors taking sport away from ‘recreational’ shooters who often pay for the shooting (and sometimes don’t do a great job) but when it’s abroad with something a bit less familiar we seem to be siding with the professionals being the only ones allowed to do it.

I haven’t got a particular view either way on these things but the different views intrigue me
I am very uncomfortable with this type of discussion on this forum. So please continue.

Back