• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in a county or city Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling/hijacking posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Holiday cottage

CDSG Shooting Sports

Mickeydredd

It appears to have been booked already then! lol
Thanks anyway.
I have stalked and ran my pointers on grouse on the hill behind the cottage, it is a lovely part of the world.

Cut+Squirt

I note you are looking for a holiday cottage. I do not say this lightly as I am a enthusiastic supporter of Scottish businesses but please beware of booking through the following company -

LHH Scotland (Large Holiday Homes Scotland). Owned and operated by Wynne Bentley close to the village of Dingwall.

We, along with hundreds of others had a large holiday house booked with them in Glen Affric this year.

Due to the Government Covid travel restrictions THEY cancelled our holiday and refused to return our money or reschedule.

We have only just received our refund back after months of wrangling and eventually commencing legal action.
We were owed way over 1K, others significantly more.

They are currently subjected to enforcement action from the Competition and Marketing Authority and Highland Council Trading Standards.

If in any doubt about my review please search Trust Pilot for LHH SCOTLAND.
The Scotsman has also recently ran articles on their less than scrupulous business practices.

Avoid like the plague lads.

GSP84

How does NO grab you......? ;)

typically friendly response from the forum, no surprise there 🙄 I remember now why I stopped spending so much time on here.

I’m not trying to steel any permissions for christ sake, I just thought you may know other estates offering stalking so I can try somewhere different to Atholl Estate who own the vast majority of around there anyway

Carlsuffolk

I can personally recommend penquite farm near st Austell they have a. Couple of cottages and a barn conversion, we stayed there two years running it was so nice

Mickeydredd

typically friendly response from the forum, no surprise there 🙄 I remember now why I stopped spending so much time on here.

I’m not trying to steel any permissions for christ sake, I just thought you may know other estates offering stalking so I can try somewhere different to Atholl Estate who own the vast majority of around there anyway
Calm down, it was a joke in line with the tone of your request - hence the smiley...... :doh:

But the answer is the same, I have no contacts in that area as I was invited on a one-off basis. It is Blair Atholl land I was on.

HTH

Last edited:

Class870

Time to refresh this page! Looking for a cottage for next May, for approx 9-10 days. Wife wants to go to Skye. Anybody on here got anything available? Long shot I know! Needs to be at least 3 bedrooms.
Thanks

Leica Amplus 6