Holt's Sealed-Bid Auctions

S&L7x57

It is not allowed in auction regulations to give an estimate lower than the reserve price so that is why they will not accept a bid lower than the lower estimate. The lower estimate can be higher than the reserve, but not lower. Holt's policy is to always set the lower estimate on the reserve (if there is one). Occasionally in their live Main Sale, they do accept bids lower than the lower estimate and this reflects the lack of any reserve, eg. deceased estate.

Mr. Gain

It is not allowed in auction regulations to give an estimate lower than the reserve price so that is why they will not accept a bid lower than the lower estimate. The lower estimate can be higher than the reserve, but not lower. Holt's policy is to always set the lower estimate on the reserve (if there is one). Occasionally in their live Main Sale, they do accept bids lower than the lower estimate and this reflects the lack of any reserve, eg. deceased estate.
Thankyou. That makes complete sense.

bfltd0

I've had a few things from Holt's over the years but nothing this time around.

Does anyone remember Weller and Dufty in Birmingham. Long gone now but it was always an entertaining day out and there was so much variety there...............the good old days!

VIGILAIRE

Well remember Weller and Dufty, still got a box full of their old catalogues. Mike (?) Scott the auctioneer from there is now operating as Scotarms auctions at Newark.

Very much on the same lines as W&D including the all encompassing "Grade 2 plus" condition report!

bfltd0

I am pretty sure there must have been problems with security before they reconfigured the saleroom. So much kit lying around and not sure how they secured it all!

Woodsmoke

Anyone else get a result in the sealed bid auction or is everyone being cagey😎😁?
I was seriously considering bidding on the Steyr .308 Stutzen, but held fire after seeing the stock damage and finding out there's a 20% premium to pay. My top price for that particular rifle would've been around the £200 mark, but in the end it went for £451. At that price it would've been just too big a gamble for me so I let it go. Hope whoever bought it at that price is happy with it

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...