Home made pickup storage

rutland

More photos. Drawers and fronts are lined with a carpet and the top has 4 mm chequer rubber stuck to it. The side pods lift out also and it takes 10 mins to remove

Attachments

Orion

Nice one. :thumb:

I’ve similar in mine with twin draws and a slide out table. Are you making use of the space behind the wheel arches? I’ve used them for a dual (triple) battery system and digital voltmeters, a variety of 12v socket outlets, HD jumpstart, and a compressor.

6F8DB60D-22F4-45BF-BB25-669325AD2ECA.jpeg

94FED7C2-1D1C-4276-B726-09E1CDF02A23.jpeg
929F1CFF-5C1E-43D8-A725-8424D3E587E1.jpeg

Access to the sides from lift out panels in the now raised loadbed.

10D7E8C3-F0D2-447E-9EFC-C8D0912898D3.jpeg

Last edited:

glasshalffull

Great craftsmanship! Keeps everything from prying eyes. I've a set of those sticks too, had to tape the holes up as they sounded like a flute band on the 12th of July if any breeze blowing :) Great steady rest all the same.

rutland

Orion.
yes mate I have made those so you can lift them up. Still work to do but am away on the Hinds for a week so rushed it a little. It was very satisfying doing it.

Hunter 6.5

Good job,i build one myself a month ago. Still not decided what to use for the top cover. I covered the whole thing with waterproof membrane using spray adhesives

paul o'

Nice job there ,I did box my old ranger out adding side box's and buck liner using 1/2 waterproof Gorilla board with ally edging , I too also added a 240/110/12v master inverter . . . with outlets a very useful setup.

hairycow

Nice work Rutland, I wouldn’t mind making my own set up as well, I have a very big wirehaired vizsla and the dog box takes up the whole truck bed and wouldnt mind some storage draws on one side and dog box on the other,
Just wondering where you got the draw rollers and track from.
Cheers

countrryboy

It is quite an impressive build.

Puts mine to shame really, think I'm on the Mk 4 now.

I generally build them out of scraps lying about, usually 2x2 for supports with 18mm floor board on top. Despite not being the most hard wearing or water proof never had any problems and had plenty of wet dirty dogs on top.
I originally just used another bit of floorboard as a slider with some 2x2 and it drags ur stuff out. Saved a lot of hassle building drawers and rollers etc.
Now I tend to buy plastic tubs with lids which fit below and keep it stuff nice and dry and organised.

This time up top I saved an old load liner and put that on top ( so got 2 load liners in back) so far working well and should stop all the hair and steuwer dropping down beliw

Ps if using it for dogs mind and put a flap or something over tailgate hinge gap to cover it, can be murder on dogs feet/toes, althou admittedly not as bad when u. put the shelf in

rutland

Nice work Rutland, I wouldn’t mind making my own set up as well, I have a very big wirehaired vizsla and the dog box takes up the whole truck bed and wouldnt mind some storage draws on one side and dog box on the other,
Just wondering where you got the draw rollers and track from.
Cheers
I used 20mm box section on the drawers as runners and 20 mm roller bearings above and below

hairycow

Cheers for that, think I will have a go after the winter as I don’t have a garage or workshop and it’s supposed to rain a bit this winter
It’s giving me some good ideas though.
Thanks