Home Made Re-Sizing Press.......

Tim.243

A member of my wildfowling club was struggling with what seems to be a common problem by using a bench vice. He has a 2 stage die but I was a pain to use in the vice........

One pass with the disc cutter took care of a G Clamp that had been under the bench since the King died,
The chop saw sorted out the tubing and my lathe squared them up, a piece of bronze was quite close to make the pushing plate...

A simple job for myself but "Bill " was very happy, he has 50 industrial 8 bore cases and was planning not to go xmas shopping but happy tinkering in his shed lol

006_zpsoczlqo9p.jpg
005_zpsecgp1isb.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
if you can think it! it will happen feller, just some out there over think it ? then fail? then buy one off the shelf ;) nice one Tim ,bet it lasts a life time :thumb:

if you can think it! it will happen feller, just some out there over think it ? then fail? then buy one off the shelf ;) nice one Tim ,bet it lasts a life time :thumb:

Cheers Paul, it was not cut out using a laser cnc or finished in a ergonomic powder coat finish.... :norty:

Tim.243

:) Well done Tim - function over form any day. If I'd seen that at a garage sale I would have guessed it was for making rockets.

I've just made a little press myself for loading cap & ball revolvers.

m8isyf.jpg

:) Well done Tim - function over form any day. If I'd seen that at a garage sale I would have guessed it was for making rockets.

I've just made a little press myself for loading cap & ball revolvers.

m8isyf.jpg

That is nice and neat..........there is quite a lot of force to run those 8 bore shells through the die.

Tim.243

Back