• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Hornady 87gr match hpbt

plonker

As above gents,if anyone has any that they don't want give us a shout or if you know of any on any shops shelves.
thanks all
dave

Sinistral

As above gents,if anyone has any that they don't want give us a shout or if you know of any on any shops shelves. thanks all dave
These aren't match bullets, but are expanding - Section V. That's obvious from the website, and it even says 'VARMINT' on the box.

They can't be posted ... if that was your hope. AFAIK there are no Match in 87gr for the .25-06 either. All 87gr bullets are 'Expanding' .... it's an odd weight peculiar to 6mm & .257.

Virtually nothing from Hornady in any calibre is non-expanding 'Match' apart from a few lines in .224" or .308" (or when it says 'A-Max' e.g. 6.5mm).

Last edited:

plonker

These aren't match bullets, but are expanding - Section V. That's obvious from the website, and it even says 'VARMINT' on the box.

They can't be posted ... if that was your hope. AFAIK there are no Match in 87gr for the .25-06 either. All 87gr bullets are 'Expanding' .... it's an odd weight peculiar to 6mm & .257.

Virtually nothing from Hornady in any calibre is non-expanding 'Match' apart from a few lines in .224" or .308" (or when it says 'A-Max' e.g. 6.5mm).
They are not for me,I was asking for a friend who use to shoot these a few years ago.
Hornady 6MM (.243) 87gr BTHP BULLET MATCH 100/BX - X-Reload Inc.
As you can see they are match,unless they have changed something.
Dont know how many years ago he use to shoot these,perhaps they have been reclassified?
dave

Last edited:

Sinistral

They are not for me,I was asking for a friend who use to shoot these a few years ago.
Hornady 6MM (.243) 87gr BTHP BULLET MATCH 100/BX - X-Reload Inc.
As you can see they are match,unless they have changed something.
Dont know how many years ago he use to shoot these,perhaps they have been reclassified?

dave
If you check the Hornady 'Product Number' (#2442) below it's the same as the link you're relying on.

These aren't MATCH, and are Collect Only ..... by your friend, or yourself if you've got the Section V authority.

Just trying to help you stay within UK law. Links from the USA are often wrong. :rolleyes:

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Bullets :: Rifle :: Choose by Caliber :: .243 6mm :: 6mm .243 87 gr BTHP