Hornady manual

night stalker

Hi please can someone post / PM me what the latest Hornady load book gives as Min and Max loads for 22-250 using the below combinations.

53 grain V-max using Viht N140 as the powder.

55 grain V-max using Viht N140 as the powder.

Thanks,

Rick

Muir

I don't even know how to respond to this without sounding snarky, and I don't mean to be nor do I want to be, so I won't.

I would suggest to the OP that if he gets data from "Furor", or anyone else on the internet, be sure to compare it to the data provided by the manufacturer. Someone's posted load, which may work fine in their rifle, is purely anecdotal. It's not real data. I always advise people to go to the powder maker for data. Their name is on the label. It's hard to go wrong with what their recommendation. ~Muir

1967spud.com

YES i agree 100% muir as we/i/us always say this load data may not be safe in your rifle or xyz rifle for that matter and should be worked up accordingly i put that link up for ball park figures

night stalker

Hi I've got the data from Vihts websit for a 55 grain SP and can work up using that as a guide but thought I'd see if anyone could tell me what The Hornady manual says for the actual bullet.

Thanks

Rick

The tramp

Hi I've got the data from Vihts websit for a 55 grain SP and can work up using that as a guide but thought I'd see if anyone could tell me what The Hornady manual says for the actual bullet.

Thanks

Rick
55 gr is 55 gr buddy, with few exceptions such as Barnes solid copper, or cast bullets. Stick with what vhit say and you won't go far wrong bud

​Pete

Sinistral

Thanks

Rick

OK. This is what you see on the Lapua site for VV data.

Products - Lapua

You'll notice that the VV loads for 55gr FMJ are 2 grains higher than the 55gr SP. I can tell you that the Hornady #7 loads for 55gr SP are even higher than the VV 55gr FMJ are.

I don't know which data is more accurate, but hope that piques your curiosity enough to go out and buy the Hornady Handbook.

night stalker

Thanks for the relies, a mate happened to have a copy that I didn't know about so he brought it to the range today and I took some pics with my iPhone :D

Rick