Horse flies....

Franchi Matt

Well it appears to be 'one of those' years again with the formidable opponent- horse flies.

About three years ago was the last time there were this many around, then it was the common green and black variety. This years lot are black and orange....🤔 not ones I've seen before, they are slightly more aggressive than the green ones.

Its like pigeon shooting with a bug zapper bat 👍 might set a horseshoe deek pattern out...

VSS

Black and greyish-orange, about 2 inches long, and with a drone like a distant helicopter (yet equally cabable of silent manoeuvres). Nasty brutes! Get them hanging around the cattle sometimes.

Franchi Matt

Got to love their tenacity though 😮 my rule is - once you have a horse fly interested in you it mist be taken down as its prepared to die for the cause 😂 this years contenders mainly targeting the top of the head... which makes using the 'executioner' zapper bat a bit like Russian roulette 😬
Great training for our threen'age daughter 👍

Ratel

Cleggs annoy a horse, these with a slightly curved rear end make a horse take off. A bit like Warbles make cows gad about. Don't they make you whistle when they strike Tim.😱

BSAvale

I bloody hate them. Would rather be stung by a wasp or bee than a horsefly bite me. I have scars in my calves from them when three bit me about 30seconds after getting out of the car to go sea trout fishing in mid wales and I’ve had finger joints and wrist swell so much they won’t bend. Awful creatures. 2018 was a really bad year for them (or I just did more fishing before children got older). D793C300-2B11-4D44-8A68-7982DE67060F.jpeg

Farmer Geddon

Cleggs annoy a horse, these with a slightly curved rear end make a horse take off. A bit like Warbles make cows gad about. Don't they make you whistle when they strike Tim.😱
Gadding about, that makes me laugh, used to be said of teenage girls & young heifers. With their tails up in the air.:lol: