Horse meat anyone

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Jager SA

I've seen the Camels from a Chopper when I was back in Oz in 2003, I couldnt believe what I saw. It's no wonder they cull them from the air the back country is so vast, that said whilst rugged there is a delicate side to some parts. At least you have your share of Antis though. :) Blind fools!

countrryboy

Have they stopped 'mulesing'? the merino's now?
I heard it was going to be phased out. And if so how has that effected the sheep, are u getting more problems with fly blown back ends?
Never seen it done (helped crutching as a roustabout) but heard farly brutal but the old boys say the harsher the better as it helps them in long run

John Gryphon

mulesing is still going afaik..we dont run sheep in this area although there are a few around but it isnt the blow fly stike area that further north can be.

Its crueler to NOT mules...try and tell those peta c#@$s that.

CWMMAN3738

Yes PETA used its clout as a shareholder in some firms to get the use of Aus murenio wool banned by some companies I believe and caused a shitstorm in Sweden over it resulting in a ban there, it's about time someone put an infected sheep in their living room so they could see the results of their stupidity.
mulesing is still going afaik..we dont run sheep in this area although there are a few around but it isnt the blow fly stike area that further north can be.

Its crueler to NOT mules...try and tell those peta c#@$s that.

countrryboy

Cheers for that john, when i first heard that i wasn't sure how the sheep farmers were going to reverse decades/centuries off selective breeding in the 3 year time limit that PETA had generously given them :cuckoo: and miraculasly come up with sheep that didn't need mulsed. Though there would be a lot of dead sheep lying about

nell

Cheers for that john, when i first heard that i wasn't sure how the sheep farmers were going to reverse decades/centuries off selective breeding in the 3 year time limit that PETA had generously given them :cuckoo: and miraculasly come up with sheep that didn't need mulsed. Though there would be a lot of dead sheep lying about
Merinos have not always been the wrinkly beasts we have came to know, skin was bred into them so they would grow more wool in the 1800s, with this came the loose skin around the arse that a vet named Mules decided to cut off. SAMs (south African meat merinos) fine wool ,but straight skin are appearing around OZ , far easiear to shear than the old wrinklies believe me ;)

Leica Amplus 6