How do you make it so you can’t see adverts?

Buckaroo8

As per title really.....
Seems that the website is getting more and more adverts and less discussion.
Many of the people who used to post quality comments and write ups on here don’t bother any more.

what are these adverts of which you speak??
all I see are top and lower banners, and to be honest I find them useful.
Adverts from the classifieds section....pops up in the activity stream. Just seems like an awful lot of stuff I don’t need is for sale here these days.

I worry less about the adverts and more about the incessant stupid questions wondering whether they should do this or that and if they should consult an feo.
I feel it is similar to my Local Facebook curtain twitchers that ask about when the doctors opening hours are. For god sake you’ve just used the internet to ask the question, use the bloody internet to find out the opening times!!
I’ll go lie down now.

one thing i did was to change my browser to Avast Secure Browser which seems to cut a lot of ads out, not only on this site but on others too.
I have no connection with Avast, but i am trying to cut all my connections with Google who seem to know all about me, and everything i do.

one thing i did was to change my browser to Avast Secure Browser which seems to cut a lot of ads out, not only on this site but on others too.
I have no connection with Avast, but i am trying to cut all my connections with Google who seem to know all about me, and everything i do.
I changed to Opera fo the same reason

I never minded adverts for stalking etc. but there’s so much crap for sale on here now. It’s like being at a game fair ffs.
It used to be that there was some great value stalking and equipment but now it’s like everyone in stalking is trying to make a quick buck somehow.
I’ve tried looking at what csl sent a link to but I must be doing something wrong because I still can’t seem to work out how to do it.

I never minded adverts for stalking etc. but there’s so much crap for sale on here now. It’s like being at a game fair ffs.
It used to be that there was some great value stalking and equipment but now it’s like everyone in stalking is trying to make a quick buck somehow.
I’ve tried looking at what csl sent a link to but I must be doing something wrong because I still can’t seem to work out how to do it.

would you like a quote for some double glazing.
how about a set of encyclopedias.

:rofl: ;)

There are a lot of classified For Sale adverts I agree, I laugh when we are subjected to faux threats like "last chance before it goes on ebay!"

The only place I find adds is at the bottom and top of the page and in the classified section.
You’re forgetting the 6 categories of adverts under “Stalking, Training, and Other Opportunities”.
Not to mention the blizzard of red & green on page after page of ‘New Posts’.
Full marks to CSL today for his inspired solution to these ... a bloody brilliant fix.

While they were driving me mad, it’s sobering to see how quickly other people grew so accustomed to their presence that they no longer noticed them.
I hadn’t thought that could happen.:-|:)

You’re forgetting the 6 categories of adverts under “Stalking, Training, and Other Opportunities”.
Not to mention the blizzard of red & green on page after page of ‘New Posts’.
Full marks to CSL today for his inspired solution to these ... a bloody brilliant fix.

While they were driving me mad, it’s sobering to see how quickly other people grew so accustomed to their presence that they no longer noticed them.
I hadn’t thought that could happen.:-|:)
What’s the solution?
I went to new posts and watched some forums but when I press the lightning bolt I still get adverts. What’s gone wrong?

Last edited:
It's here... and has been here since Nov 23 2018! :D

Ok does this mean that I don’t press the lightning bolt any more then? I have set the settings as you recommend but when I press lightning bolt it still shows classifieds.

You can click the green "New posts" button, or you can click "New posts" via the menu, it doesn't matter.

Read the whole thing again... it sounds like you haven't "Saved as default" yet.

You can click the green "New posts" button, or you can click "New posts" via the menu, it doesn't matter.

Read the whole thing again... it sounds like you haven't "Saved as default" yet.
Ok, I think I’ve got it, so the lightning bolt means “what’s new” which shows the classifieds and I now need to look up “new posts” instead which is where the stuff I am interested in is saved.

Back