how fast can a roe deer run

PSE Composites Limited

swarovski

I was on my way shooting last night and a buck was in the lane where I was heading, I chased it up the lane in my 4x4 knowing where it would exit giving it enough time to slow up and escape, how fast....? .no dogooders need reply.

K333ROE

I think I remember someone saying they can run about 20mph and keep it up for about 15 miles !!! I know it sounds strange but seem to remember it being said.(That would be over distance, however it will run much faster over short distances sprinting)

Last edited:

rogue trader

I think I remember someone saying they can run about 20mph and keep it up for about 15 miles !!! I know it sounds strange but seem to remember it being said.(That would be over distance, however it will run much faster over short distances sprinting)

I seem to recall seeing something similar somewhere. I think it is in the latest BDS mag. I'll have a look when I get home.

swarovski

The roebuck seemed to be cruising at 33 mph, am sure he could of made 40mph at a push but I knew he was going to get off the the lane so I kept my distance, want too shoot it not run it over :D

swarovski

Slower than a lurcher and Faster than a terrier
how would you know this unless you have ran the lurchers after them :D ! Who Iis a naughty boy then,, I took a mate out who said his dog will run them down easy, yeah right, this roe doe left it in the dust :rofl:

Harry mac

Am not familiar with the abrieviation harry
NAAFI break is a time honoured tradition in the army, wherin all work stops for half an hour at 10:00. You then go to the NAAFI to take on pies and cups of tea, or maybe even a fat lad's breakfast for the princely sum of 6 Deutsch Marks.

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope