How long

ChrisWorley

60years SGC , 35years FAC. Can remember when SGC came out ,it was a Green card with just your name on it ,also Game Licences. Happy days.

Foxyboy43

FAC - 54 years last month - we don’t have SGCs in NI only FACS for everything including water pistols, not really, but even air guns regardless of power are on FAC - coming to a town near you!
I distinctly recall being handed mine for my first air rifle by the local sergeant who brought me into his office, put his shovel-like hand on my shoulder and lectured me on gun ownership, concluding with the statement that if I got into trouble with it he would break both my legs! Those were the days!,
🦊🦊

Stalker1962

I distinctly recall being handed mine for my first air rifle by the local sergeant who brought me into his office, put his shovel-like hand on my shoulder and lectured me on gun ownership, concluding with the statement that if I got into trouble with it he would break both my legs!
Community policing at its very best.

dunwater

Oh duc, 50 years ago.
Why on earth did you ask me that? I’m going to have to lie down for a bit.

kripton

You certainly know how to make someone feel their age!! - SGC since they came into force (prior to that a "licence" from the post office) and FAC for 63 years.

kes

FAC -51 years - I still have a letter and the Original FAC from Shropshire
SGC started when I was eleven with dad - actually shooting but I was presented with a SGC when it became necessary so uninterrupted shooting for 61 years - all of them good and worth their weight in shooting gold.