How much???

PSE Composites Limited

sussex lad

I been contacting a few stalking outfits tonight, to help in my quest for my first deer (probably Roe).
No replys yet, but what sort of price should i expect to pay?
And any advice for not being ripped of as some numpty novice
:confused:
I,m in Sussex if that makes any difference to the price.

Cheers,
Brian...

PS. Any recomendations???

stone

work on £60 a stalk or £100 a day this is the cheaper end i am afraid
but any probs then give me a pm and we could possibly get something sorted in the new year
stone

perks

How much

I aggree with stone £60 is about right.
All though Ive payed £40 a while back also £120 for morning and eve stalk with the culled deer included.

mack

jelen

I recently won an ebay stalk with jelen for £100 for two stalks, a.m.and p.m.
Matt

sussex lad

Thanks for the replys and pm's.

Just another quickie for you.....

Do you and if so how much would you tip your Guide????

legaleagle69

If I was paying for a day out with a guide I pay him the agreed ammount, why should I tip him?
If however it's a bloke who is taking me out for an estate and being paid essentially an hourly rate then if he impresses me and goes that little bit above and beyond then yes always pop him a tenner or a nice bottle of wine/whisky.

willie_gunn

Brian

I'm with LegalEagle on this.

If I've entered into a contract with someone for stalking, then typically I wouldn't tip. The exception would be if they've gone "over and above" for whatever reason.

If it's someone who's taking me stalking as a favour then I'd offer them drink/meal/return favour/money as appropriate.

I guess at the end of the day your discretion depends upon the circumstances.

willie_gunn

hairybiker

Hi Brian, beware D&G consultants down your way, everyone I have spoken to that knows of them has had similar experiences to me - you keep paying your money but don't see many deer! :eek:

Trapper

Did a Basc stalk PM/ AM £220 at THETFORD , Munjac and roe gathered
happy with stalks , expert guidance no interferance, guess price a little steep , but I enjoyed it.
Regards Trapper

Trapper

Did a Basc stalk PM/ AM £220 at THETFORD , Munjac and roe gathered
happy with stalks , expert guidance no interferance, guess price a little steep , but I enjoyed it.
Regards Trapper

sandersj89

Brian

If you find a decent outfit give me a shout too, been loking for a while and not getting much response from those I have contacted.

Cheers

Jerry

snowstorm

Declaring a vested interest here but - I'd think 40-50 per stalk on your own/part accompanied is reasonable, plus (if it's smallish place) cost of venison, not because they would sell it otherwise, but you might be making a serious hole in the deer population and restricting future stalks.

On my patch 3 or 4 good stalkers could come along during the rut and clear it out over a weekend. It could take two or three years to recover -so on smaller places the deer might actually be more valuable as a stalking income source than a venison income source, than on larger ones. I plan on taking max 6 roe a year. My DM plan, not income, is actually driving policy.

With big leases where people have paid a lot of money then you can expect to pay more, but then again you have more/varied chance of deer and its likely to be much better organised, and someone has stumped up a lot more cash than £100 a day to secure it.

On a big lease, 6 deer might not even make a dent in the population.

Like salmon fishing - do it for free on the council owned stretch of the Tyne at hexam, or pay 800 a day on the Tay. Same fish, same chance - it's just what wrapping you want around it.

R8 Ultimate Carbon - Discover Now! >>>