How to choose DSC1 provider?

tom.h

Hello,

I'm looking to book a DSC1 and only looking for in person (not wanting the online option)

BDS seems pretty booked up.. BASC has more options but it's not giving much info about the facility or people taking the course in the various areas. I'm wondering where to look to see all the options.

Either in Devon/Somerset/Bristol (where I have family) or perhaps anywhere in Southern England.

Best,
Tom

disco_ike

BASC ran my course near Malmsbury through a local guy Paul Hill at Corninium. He was knowledgable and I would recommend one of his and it’s not far from Bristol. I travelled from Newport every day with no issues.
Failing that there’s a few other trainers around Bristol and south west who train via BDS etc.

cookingfat

NGO probably the best as still providing wild meat hygiene certificates with DSC 1, allow don't know how long this will continue as DMQ don't like it!!!

Highfield

NGO probably the best as still providing wild meat hygiene certificates with DSC 1, allow don't know how long this will continue as DMQ don't like it!!!
jelan and bds do that to. think its only basic that dont as they are linked to dmq

tom.h

Jelen is doing all the DSC1's online now.... they have deer stalking development but I'm not sure how this would be viewed by syndicates/FEO's compared to DSC1.

Corinium seem great but next available is December and I just can't plan that far ahead with work travel commitments.

NGO... good shout but not tons of availability near me. I think BASC seem to have the most options for location so far.

RM100

I did mine with Andy Papworth, at Bradshaws (now Simpsons). Very close to A47/A1 junction
Excellent course, with a lot of practical knowledge.