Humane dispatch legal by any means ?

Woodsmoke

Anyone see the pouring of outrage and vitriol on Faceache about it? The world really is full of pussies and snowflakes, isn't it? I mean, what the hell were they supposed to do? Reason with it?

'sake . . . . :rolleyes:

countrryboy

I bet they had all the blue lights flashing and hi Vis on and wonder why cow won't calm down.

Never seen the footage but I bet a load of folk standing about filming it and not thinking it might not be a safe place to be.
Possible no safe shot for firearms with the urban setting and no doubt rubber neckers everywhere.

Wot ever polis done someone would be moaning about it.

Cows94

This was police in a full on power trip. I know the owner of the animal. They tried & tried to get the police to leave so they could sort it out but plod wouldn't. Said they were in charge of the situation as it was a risk to public & this was the outcome. Not good for anyone in the end

25 Sharps

This was police in a full on power trip. I know the owner of the animal. They tried & tried to get the police to leave so they could sort it out but plod wouldn't. Said they were in charge of the situation as it was a risk to public & this was the outcome. Not good for anyone in the end

To be fair maintaining public safety is their job and if they perceived a credible risk then they had to act. Imagine if they had left, your friend hadn’t manage to get control of the animal and someone got seriously injured!

patrickt

A lot of views, over 550, but only less than 20 responders to this item, any thoughts why. My own view is that taken that the incident lasted for over two and half hours, and I wasn't present, or seen the video maybe a non lethal resolution may have had a better outcome?

Patrick

Leupsak

Firearms teams would have dealt with it years ago but I know are no longer permitted in my area, hence why I get called out. I have been called to dispatch pigs, cattle and horses causing a risk to public in the past, its not unusual just doesn't usually make the news, normally 20 minutes and its all over. But remember this is not your normal deer dispatch, they are owned property and is a minefield of problems
Cattle escaping and running down the road from a slaughterhouse was a twice a year dispatch event for me, and I worked in the slaughterhouse:lol:
A bag of feed usually worked and walk them back but if not, pop and winch on the back of a trailer. This was always last resort as the farmer would lose the income from the carcass.

Last edited: