Hunter Education Certificate

Vapours

Hi,

I have the option to go deer hunting in Colorado later this year. From reading the state website it appears that before a license can be obtained a "Hunter Education Certificate" is required.

The site implies that a "hunting license" from England is acceptable as a subsitute - However no actual examples are stated and I am unclear what they are refering too.

Is this a DSC1 or some other cert?

All comments, ideas or experiance welcome.

Vapours

Gunslingergirl

This is from the Colorado Department of Wildlife Site.

"A hunting license from any of the following countries (they don’t issue "hunter education cards"): Australia, Austria, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland. The Division of Wildlife will evaluate hunter education and hunting license information from other countries on an individual basis. Please fax (303/291-7113) or mail (Colorado Division of Wildlife, Attn: Hunter Education Section, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216) copies of your information well in advance of your desired hunting season."

It looks like you could just fax or mail a copy of your license and they would tell you if it was acceptable.

paul k

I'm not at all sure that all of the countries listed have a formal hunting licence gained by examination (New Zealand for example) so maybe either your FAC would count as a hunting licence or something like a UK Game Licence might be put forward.

If I am wrong and all of these countries have a hunting licence based on examination then it would have to be DSC1.

Vapours

Hi

Thanks for the input. I read the HE rules and have faxed over my FAC and am awaiting a reply - on the basis that the UK does not give a hunters certificate but that permission to hunt is acombination of Police permission, via the FAC and the landowners permission with whatever constraints they wish.

I will post the result

Vap