Hunter / Game Tags

ndjfb00

Does anyone know where I can buy these from? If I look on the BDS website (shop / Larder Equipment) they list a picture in the summary but when you actually click in Larder Sec there are no tags to be found

Thanks in advance

I bought mine from the BDS online shop, no problem. I did look at some others, but the BDS ones were the best value. And they're waterproof.

I bought mine from the BDS online shop, no problem. I did look at some others, but the BDS ones were the best value. And they're waterproof.

Yep + 1 on the BDS tags they are pretty sound

There is a company that you can get them personalised if you wanted i believe :zzz:

bogtrotter,if i turn up with no tags attached the game dealer wont take them,the tags are the game dealers only way of tracing the deer and helps to stop poachers,up to a point .they certainly do not hand them out for free. perhaps things are different up your way.

bogtrotter,if i turn up with no tags attached the game dealer wont take them,the tags are the game dealers only way of tracing the deer and helps to stop poachers,up to a point .they certainly do not hand them out for free. perhaps things are different up your way.
Your game dealer's approach sounds odd. How can he maintain an audit trail if he doesn't apply his own unique ids to all carcasses received?
Regards
JCS

Your game dealer's approach sounds odd. How can he maintain an audit trail if he doesn't apply his own unique ids to all carcasses received?
Regards
JCS
Each of the BDS tags has an unique ID, so no need for the game dealer to apply his own, if carcass is submitted already tagged? The same tag number is then noted on the stalkers cull record (alongside details of who bought it), and on the receipt for the carcass, of which both the game dealer and the stalker / estate have a copy. At least, that's the way I do it. Pretty good audit trail I reckon.

untag
Certainly seem to be we don't turn up with untagged carcasses ,you just tell your game dealer you you require tags at the beginning of the season or whenever you need them before the event.
Most dealers want their own tags used ,and yes they are free, get a roll of a hundred or so for the asking.

Each of the BDS tags has an unique ID, so no need for the game dealer to apply his own, if carcass is submitted already tagged? The same tag number is then noted on the stalkers cull record (alongside details of who bought it), and on the receipt for the carcass, of which both the game dealer and the stalker / estate have a copy. At least, that's the way I do it. Pretty good audit trail I reckon.
I disagree, I'd expect any serious game dealer to run with his own unique set of tags for all his receipts. It's the game dealer's audit trail that I was commenting on. Regards JCS

I have only ever put beast into dealers once or twice .... when freezer was full .... but was handed by the dealer a handful of tags if I was planning to do more ....

I’d expect the dealer to hand you a bunch or the very least as your bringing in the door to get you to fill one out with name & dsc1 number and tag beast as comes thru the door

No?

Paul

Big north/south divide on this one in my experience guys; Scottish dealers tend to supply the tags, English ones don't.

Back